Lt. Commander
# 1 Best Selling Price
09-28-2010, 09:42 AM
I've got a load of different items in my Inventory what I wish to sell.

- How do I know where the best place to sell them is? (To get the best selling price)
- Is there a way I can tell where the vendors are in each sector?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-28-2010, 10:02 AM
You can get 50% of actual price at a Starbase. It goes downhill from there. Ferenghi are the worst except for the replicator on your ship.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-28-2010, 10:31 AM
I saw someone say that the vendor at Defera Outpost 3 gives 60%. I'll check later when I get home.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-28-2010, 10:41 AM
I'd heard that as well.

Don't forget about the exchange. Most items don't interest players (more than enough to go around), but special items priced reasonably will move quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
I saw someone say that the vendor at Defera Outpost 3 gives 60%. I'll check later when I get home.
Defera outpost 3 does buy at 60% face value, but it's currently bugged so that the only way to contact the outpost is by entering the combat instance (Daily "Aid the Deferi") and fighting off the Breen first.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Would a Kit Provisions NPC offer me the same price for "Item X" as Ship Weapons NPC??
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-28-2010, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlBooth View Post
Would a Kit Provisions NPC offer me the same price for "Item X" as Ship Weapons NPC??
Yes. It doesn't matter which NPC you sell your items to, you will always get the same price.
Lt. Commander
# 8
Quote:
How do I know where the best place to sell them is? (To get the best selling price)
As said before, you can sell them to vendors for 50% of the actual value. I believe if you sell them through your replicator (under the recycle option) it is 40%.

Honestly, I sell every item that I don't need through the replicator and I still have more than enough energy credits. The thing about this game is that there are many different currencies so energy credits aren't the most important and you don't need a whole lot of them.

Anyway back on topic, if you want to get the most money for your items sell them to vendors. You can also sell items through the exchange, but not all items will sell.

Quote:
Is there a way I can tell where the vendors are in each sector?
All starbases (and some planets) have vendors. Here is an interactive map of earth space dock. You can use it to see where all the vendors are. On that page there is also links to the maps of other stations. No matter where you go you will only get 50%.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
All starbases (and some planets) have vendors. Here is an interactive map of earth space dock. You can use it to see where all the vendors are. On that page there is also links to the maps of other stations. No matter where you go you will only get 50%.
That's really cool.

Also, Ferengi sell at 30%, so don't sell to them! (I know it was mentioned that they are stingy, but there were no exact values)