Lt. Commander
Cryptic -

I would like to request the addition of a T4 or T5 Constitution Class Refit starship. I love the T2 version, but from everything I've been told and everything I've seen just in using a T5 Excelsior, the T2 version won't stand up past Captain.

Being one of the most iconic ships in Trek (second only to the TOS Constitution Class) it seems a logical step to give the fans the opportunity to have this iconic ship for more than just the few days spent at Lieutentant Commander.

Perhaps this could be rolled in as an alternate skin for the "In Development" TOS Connie Retrofit ship?

Thank you for your time.

CaptMattSchwab
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMattSchwab
Cryptic -

I would like to request the addition of a T4 or T5 Constitution Class Refit starship. I love the T2 version, but from everything I've been told and everything I've seen just in using a T5 Excelsior, the T2 version won't stand up past Captain.

Being one of the most iconic ships in Trek (second only to the TOS Constitution Class) it seems a logical step to give the fans the opportunity to have this iconic ship for more than just the few days spent at Lieutentant Commander.

Perhaps this could be rolled in as an alternate skin for the "In Development" TOS Connie Retrofit ship?

Thank you for your time.

CaptMattSchwab
I would like this as well, I would also love it if they added the Excalibur skin as well, tbh, it's one of the few Cryptic designs I like, and frankly because it's a new more modern design, I could see it as a T5 ship.

Pretty Please Cryptic !
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-06-2010, 10:17 PM
I'd actually prefer to have clearly outdated ships be somewhat less capable than state-of-the-art models.

Of course, should the recently announced TOS-Connie-Refit and/or the NX hit Tier 5, then this should go for any ship. But for the time being I'm still hoping that "ancient" refits would be limited to mid tier to preserve some semblance of visual consistency. Just my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Star Trek Constitution class
10-06-2010, 10:15 PM
I do not mean the REFIT I want the one from the TV show. The NX-01 is confirmed. I want my NCC 1701 No bloody A no bloody B no bloody C or D or even F. That means a T5 after all the NX-01 will be a T5
Lt. Commander
# 5 Outdated/old?
10-06-2010, 10:36 PM
The old ships are just a tough as new ones once fitted with new tech or did people forget the DS9 show "Homefront" were a old Lakota (NCC-42768) Excelsior-class refit. Toke on the Defiant and have would beat it if the Captain did hold back. You got it she held back on using the quantum torpedo the ship had. Go watch the show.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-07-2010, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
I do not mean the REFIT I want the one from the TV show. The NX-01 is confirmed. I want my NCC 1701 No bloody A no bloody B no bloody C or D or even F. That means a T5 after all the NX-01 will be a T5
I think it would make the most sense if Cryptic provided an alternate skin to a T5 TOS Connie that gave you the TMP / Wrath of Khan skin as an option.

Similar to what they did with the Excelsior Search For Spock / Generations Enterprise-B ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
I'd actually prefer to have clearly outdated ships be somewhat less capable than state-of-the-art models.

Of course, should the recently announced TOS-Connie-Refit and/or the NX hit Tier 5, then this should go for any ship. But for the time being I'm still hoping that "ancient" refits would be limited to mid tier to preserve some semblance of visual consistency. Just my opinion.
I'd even be ok with a T4 version of the TOS / TWOK Connies, which would still make it useful for those who want to adventure at Vice Admiral in an iconic ship, while slightly downgrading the ship to maintain PvP balance. Plus, if a Tier 6 ever came to be, then there would be zero concern from the PvP crowd about a TOS Connie matching up with them, similar to how the Galaxy Dreadnought is a thing of the past in current PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
Go watch the show.
Up to this point I wanted to just let it be, but if you have to accuse me of just not knowing better, then of course I have to respond.

"Fitting with new tech", combined with hulls as old as these, will require ripping the entire ship apart and building it anew with up-to-date armor, weapons, generators, deflector, controls, computer, engines ... you'd even need to swap out the wiring. Aside from the sheer in-universe idiocy of Starfleet Command ordering such a refit when they could as well just commission an entirely new class in the same time (this is what the Excalibur was for, remember?), the resulting ship will not look the same. Think TOS-Connie -> Movie-Constitution. Actually, the next logical evolutionary step is the Excalibur. She just is on the wrong tier (imo), as she should be better than her predecessor.

I personally just don't like the idea of ancient ships blowing up state-of-the-art vessels 3-5 times their size. I don't think it looks good in terms of consistency and catching the feel of the show. But as I said before, if the TOS-Refit or the NX end up in Tier 5, then all this does not matter anyways and I'll just have to adapt. So let's see what time brings.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
I personally just don't like the idea of ancient ships blowing up state-of-the-art vessels 3-5 times their size. I don't think it looks good in terms of consistency and catching the feel of the show. But as I said before, if the TOS-Refit or the NX end up in Tier 5, then all this does not matter anyways and I'll just have to adapt. So let's see what time brings.
Agreed. I'd rather see these older designs in lower tiers, like they currently are. I'm somewhat fine with the Excelsior as a T5 ship, mostly because of the Lakota. I wouldn't be adverse to seeing a Constitution as a T4 or (heaven forbid) a sub-par T5, but they would have to be the movie refits. It's bad enough seeing the old-school Connie flying around as a T1 ship, but seeing it as a T5 would certainly blow my mind (immersion-wise).

My reasoning for the above: the Constitution-class has already been through a refit (from TMP on through STVI). ALL Constitution-class ships that were still in service at that time were refit to look like the Enterprise in the movies. Not to mention that the Enterprise-A was the last Connie in service, and even it was being mothballed at the end of Undiscovered Country.

Would I leave the game if I see a T5 Connie or an NX-Class higher than T1? Nope. Would others? I've seen threats being posted all over the place. While it IS immersion-breaking, as long as it's the movie refit and NOT the series version, I can live with it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
Would I leave the game if I see a T5 Connie or an NX-Class higher than T1? Nope. Would others? I've seen threats being posted all over the place. While it IS immersion-breaking, as long as it's the movie refit and NOT the series version, I can live with it.
Actually the TOS version is already in the "In Development" list on the last Engineering Report.

The purpose of this thread is to get a TMP / TWOK version in T4 or T5, or to add an alternate skin to the already planned T5 TOS Connie that reflects the current T2 Connie Refit.

Essentially it would work the same as it did for the Excelsior. You'd be able to choose between TOS Connie and TWOK Connie Refit in the ship customization screen, as well as having the option of the Excalibur and Vesper skins.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMattSchwab
Actually the TOS version is already in the "In Development" list on the last Engineering Report.

The purpose of this thread is to get a TMP / TWOK version in T4 or T5, or to add an alternate skin to the already planned T5 TOS Connie that reflects the current T2 Connie Refit.

Essentially it would work the same as it did for the Excelsior. You'd be able to choose between TOS Connie and TWOK Connie Refit in the ship customization screen, as well as having the option of the Excalibur and Vesper skins.
That's something that I could conceivably wrap my mind around. It's the proposed TOS Connie (the one with the rounded nacelles from the series) that would make my head explode if I ever saw it beyond what we have now.