Lt. Commander
# 1 I'm not proud of it...
10-11-2010, 02:45 PM
But I helped my team spawn camp in an arena battle to win the match. It was at Captain's level.

The score was 11 Fed to 2 Klingon when, after respawning myself, I noticed three of my team mates found the respawn for 2 of the FEDs. We then camped them. And then we won 12 Fed to 15 Klingon.

I want to know why the camped players kept coming back into our guns and giving us kills. Instead of NOT respawning and telling the rest of their team to come "pull these guys off us". Or why the rest of the team did not notice that they were losing (I mean there is a scoreboard) and come help them out.

We were 4 kills from a Fed win and because of a lack of adjustment on their part they lost.

Here is some free advice.

1) When being camped in an arena. DO NOT keep repawning. You are just giving kills away. Let your team mates know you are being camped and by how many. They should then pull the campers off the spawn and let you know when to try and break in.

2) Watch the scoreboard. If you are 4 kills from winning like these guys were, don't rush. You need to regroup and talk to each other about things you can do to win.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-11-2010, 03:45 PM
i dotn see anything wrong abotu spawn camping
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Seems fine to me. Not to ruin their gameplay but to end the game so you can start a more equal match.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
Seems fine to me. Not to ruin their gameplay but to end the game so you can start a more equal match.
Havent you guys learned yet!? Its called deployment suppresion!
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Spawn camp more so that the devs do something about it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-11-2010, 07:14 PM
stop spawning where i camp damnit!
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoras_Serenitus View Post
Havent you guys learned yet!? Its called deployment suppresion!
Suppression is spelled this way.

But hey, I love being quoted by the "Enemy". LOL

Yours in Military nomenclature Plasma,
Star*Dagger
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Danger
I want to know why the camped players kept coming back into our guns and giving us kills.
One of the constants in every multiplayer PVP, going back to the stone age

You'll always get a few lemmings in every (pug) match.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-26-2010, 01:17 AM
Spawn camping may not be a bug, and it may not be ilegal at present, but it is VERY POOR Sportsmanship at the very best. One MMO I played for over six years had it as Ilegal, and if you were reported for doing it 3 times, your account was Banned fro that server for LIFE.

It is a component that distroys good attitudes in any game where it is used.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-26-2010, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
Spawn camping may not be a bug, and it may not be ilegal at present, but it is VERY POOR Sportsmanship at the very best. One MMO I played for over six years had it as Ilegal, and if you were reported for doing it 3 times, your account was Banned fro that server for LIFE.

It is a component that distroys good attitudes in any game where it is used.
I have both fed and Klingon characters. Spawn camping happens to the feds more often due to the fact that there are more fed players than Klingon players. Klingons are pvp and Fed players are more PVE. Fed players in general are less experienced at pvp and tend to do things like sitting at the spawn which result in camping. I have been in numerous matches with my klingon toons where myself or one of teammates warned in zone chat for the feds to move from spawn to avoid camping. Generally they didnt listen and got camped. Only answer for this is have multiple spawn spots to choose from as players seem unable to learn from there mistakes. Instead people whine and dont adjust to the game. As for the original poster keep doing what your doing as there is nothing wrong with what you did. Dont blame the player who is doing the camping blame the idiots who dont learn to move from the spawn point. Spawn camp till they learn or cryptic makes pvp idiot proof( with multiple spawn points, or forced spawning away from the action)