Lt. Commander
Dear Cryptic,

I liked how only the console display screens flashed to denote interactabilty, instead of the whole console, in the mission Chasing Shadows

Thanks.

-Blyn
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-17-2010, 06:37 PM
I just wanted to second this! I noticed this when playing "Skirmish" and thought that was a nice update, hopefully they will go this route in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-17-2010, 07:03 PM
I also liked this. Although, a little frustrating at first when I was expecting the whole thing to flash.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-17-2010, 07:05 PM
And theres just a little bit of Impulse flair when hitting evasive maneuvers now instead of the blue rings
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-17-2010, 07:48 PM
On the topic of new graphics I have to say I'm not thrilled with the new graphic for tractor beam.
I dont see what purpose there was in changing it up.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightw8
On the topic of new graphics I have to say I'm not thrilled with the new graphic for tractor beam.
I dont see what purpose there was in changing it up.
Same with the grenade throwing animation. My male tac officer now chucks grenades like most chicks throw a football.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-20-2010, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT_aTonic View Post
And theres just a little bit of Impulse flair when hitting evasive maneuvers now instead of the blue rings
Is it just me, or does "evasive manuevers" not increse speed as much as before the patch?

I like the new grenade throw though, lol
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-18-2010, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
I also liked this. Although, a little frustrating at first when I was expecting the whole thing to flash.
Agreed Also, took me a while to work out why none of the consoles were flashing, then I saw the small screens flash.

+1 For Immersion.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-19-2010, 05:11 PM
I agree, I liked the change a lot myself.

I did not like that you practically had to be standing on the scanning console in order to interact with it (console in the Engine Room) and I did not like that my scanner could not tell me where any of these interactables were.

I must have run past the Medkit 5 times before I found it on my first run through. I was using the other set of stairs to go up and down in the Med Bay and I did not see the Devidian that appeared there (since it was only there for a split second) when I entered the room with my first character.

A couple of minor adjustments though and I think the devs have made a great change to interactables in the game.

Lt. Commander
# 10
10-19-2010, 05:24 PM
I'm glad most everyone likes the new change to consoles! Our plan was to put it out there and see what you thought, and if it went well we'd update all of the consoles over time. It looks like it's positive, so we'll try and work it in that direction.

In response to evasive maneuvers, the goal was to make it look a little more "organic", like your ship was being overcharged. It may be coming off as too subtle, so we might juice it up a little to make it more visible.