Lt. Commander
# 1 holodeck adventures in STO?
10-19-2010, 06:34 AM
Hi there,

I'm not sure if I write this in the correct part of the Forum so forgive me if I don't but I'm not very familiar with all of the Forums parts.

Last sunday a friend of mine and me had an idea would could come to STO as well. The Holodeck!
Some other Star Trek games have them e.g. to review moviesequencies (a final unity) or some special missions (elite force) and here is the idea I wanted the Holodeck:

some missions we have to do in STO during leveling aren't available after we finished them. Except other players would share them again with us. So why don't bringin in a holodeck where players can redo those missions (without any rewards) just to relive the story parts.

In our guild were characters made wich just have to hold the Quests (e.g. ghost ship, fire cave or city on the edge of never) we gave them so we can share the quests each other whenever one wants to redo a old mission. So these Characters blockade a whole char place on each account of us. So I guess that some others who liked the storys too and did not just ran through the missions without looking and reading will agree with this idea.

Also the Holodecks could be used to give the Fans later some opportunitys to see some special places from the Star trek series like the Vic's (DS9) or fair haven (Voyager) or Captain proton missions (Voyager), or sth. new.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-19-2010, 06:55 AM
The game already has Replay coming out with Season 3 in a month or two.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-19-2010, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
The game already has Replay coming out with Season 3 in a month or two.
Source on Replay confirmation please.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-19-2010, 07:01 AM
It's in the engineering reports and Dstahl has mentioned more then once. There'll be a new ER coming out tomorrow. I'm sure we'll get more info then.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-19-2010, 11:42 PM
ok, I haven't read anything about a replay but I can't read the whoole forums. But what do you think about some extra missions or fun things like Vics or fair Haven?

and replayable missions I think should land on somekind like a holodeck because when the mission is complete its done and timetrsavel excepted it couldn't be done again ( I know Iknow its just a game but putting these missions in Holodeck adventures will avoid discussions like this ).
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-20-2010, 12:10 AM
There is plenty of opportunity for holodeck missions besides previously ran missions.

Fantasy MMO Program (Remember the Entertainment world in TOS and Robin Hood in TNG?) In which Cryptic could make moments that are like old school dungeon raids.

"Sci Fi" Holographic Adventures, like Captain Proton

Sports Adventures like Baseball from DS9.

Perhaps simple "Exploration" Programs in visiting famous places. Like the Phoenix Complext (First Contact or "Modern" version, complete with Cochrane Statue). Starfleet Academy, and more.

So much potential.