Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Stay cloaked for 60 minutes and wait for opponents to leave from game, good strategy? or lame?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
Stay cloaked for 60 minutes and wait for opponents to leave from game, good strategy? or lame?
Both. It's a good strategy but it's total lamesauce.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Its pretty lame although I can understand the temptation.

I was in a 3 on 3 the other day were they had 3 Galaxy Cruisers and we had 3 bops and we could not kill them. We would focus fire, time our SNBs, use all our buff and debuff I was hitting them with BO 3 Hy Torp CRF but we could not kill them. They could trade heals and resists back and forth so much there was just no way to take one down.

We were very tempted to just stay cloaked and wait them out but I and one of the other people had plans so he just let them kill him for the last few points and we bailed but It was very tempting to just let those freaking cruisers just play with themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-23-2010, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor View Post
Its pretty lame although I can understand the temptation.

I was in a 3 on 3 the other day were they had 3 Galaxy Cruisers and we had 3 bops and we could not kill them. We would focus fire, time our SNBs, use all our buff and debuff I was hitting them with BO 3 Hy Torp CRF but we could not kill them. They could trade heals and resists back and forth so much there was just no way to take one down.

We were very tempted to just stay cloaked and wait them out but I and one of the other people had plans so he just let them kill him for the last few points and we bailed but It was very tempting to just let those freaking cruisers just play with themselves.
why would you even consider waiting them out? you dont get credit for winning. all you get is wasted time. id rather have the team that wastes time just fly off the map themselves and save us a whole lot of trouble.

i have a feeling that since it was 3v3 that if you waited long enough thered have been another 2 added to each side at some point.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
why would you even consider waiting them out? you dont get credit for winning. all you get is wasted time. id rather have the team that wastes time just fly off the map themselves and save us a whole lot of trouble.

i have a feeling that since it was 3v3 that if you waited long enough thered have been another 2 added to each side at some point.
Lets see you forced to commit in game hari kari multiple times just to end a match and see how much fun you have.

Do you think its enjoyable to know you have no chance what so ever of winning. I'm sure its great for the little fed ball of cruisers to just circle each other knowing they wont die but its not all that fun being the ones circling them knowing that you have no chance of doing anything but dieing.

I said we were tempted maybe now you can understand why.

I'm not saying this happens every match either its actually kind of rare but when it does happen its a downer. Just like its a downer when the fed ball isnt very organized and the klingons tear the federation a new one.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-24-2010, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor View Post
Lets see you forced to commit in game hari kari multiple times just to end a match and see how much fun you have.

Do you think its enjoyable to know you have no chance what so ever of winning. I'm sure its great for the little fed ball of cruisers to just circle each other knowing they wont die but its not all that fun being the ones circling them knowing that you have no chance of doing anything but dieing.

I said we were tempted maybe now you can understand why.

I'm not saying this happens every match either its actually kind of rare but when it does happen its a downer. Just like its a downer when the fed ball isnt very organized and the klingons tear the federation a new one.
I enjoy fights where i dont have a chance to win i will try to get the most damg or most healing or kill the most for my team there are always ways to try to improve your skillZ in any fight even loseing ones
Lt. Commander
# 7 Fasttrack to the ignore list
10-24-2010, 04:50 AM
Man up and get blown up trying your best, or just leave the map if your in over your head. But while your 0/0/0/0/ status prevents other players from joining the match, it makes it even harder for those that try to make the best of the situation.
Lt. Commander
# 8 ()()
10-23-2010, 05:58 PM
My ship is pink for breast cancer awareness month. Go *****!
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-23-2010, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InertiaCreeps
My ship is pink for breast cancer awareness month. Go *****!
Paint your ship pink and puff puff procrastinate!
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
Paint your ship pink and puff puff procrastinate!

lols, pew pew!