Lt. Commander
# 1 Reality Check
10-30-2010, 05:33 AM
I propose that TSI and OOV spend some time in FvF.

It is time that the whiners got a reality check in what is really OP.

After they beat you easily, ponder this:
We spend hours a day in discussion and testing to find the correct kit for our ships (to beat these guys). we train in inter-fleet private matches. we engage in constant pvp matches. This never stops.

What do you do?
Hint: you cry on the forums hoping Cryptic will do the work for you...
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-30-2010, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedryk_
I propose that TSI and OOV spend some time in FvF.
just saying but:
TSI and OOV do spend the majority of their matches in fvf. The queues pop faster in fvf. Most of the time we just queue for both fvf and fvk - it's most efficient that way.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-30-2010, 08:12 AM
FvF pops so often that there are a lot of matches without TSI players, maybe that's the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
FvF pops so often that there are a lot of matches without TSI players, maybe that's the problem.
I think your on to something we need more tsi and oov players.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepez
I think your on to something we need more tsi and oov players.
Well, just having members of TSI is enough - you need clones of Era, Zorena and Devoras and who-else you might have, right?
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Quote:
We spend hours a day in discussion and testing to find the correct kit for our ships
Reality Check. Real people have lives. We get a few hours to plug in and play and we dont want to look like the sad rejects on the next leroy jenkins video discussing what bofs to fire in which order and what statistical percentage we have of blah blah blah yawn yawn yawn....

Err Sad Geek 1 you will proceed forward and use sensor scan, at which time I WILL deploy Quantum Mines, Sad Geek 2 has been crunching the numbers, what say you Sad Geek 2.

Err, well Sad Geek Leader theres a 99.9 (thats reoccuring of course) % chance the OP Klingons will still win this match....

No wonder cryptic added an abandon ship ability.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
just saying but:TSI and OOV do spend the majority of their matches in fvf. The queues pop faster in fvf. Most of the time we just queue for both fvf and fvk - it's most efficient that way.
True dat. Kinda disappointing because FvF is insufferably slow and boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb74
[i]Err Sad Geek 1 you will proceed forward and use sensor scan, at which time I WILL deploy Quantum Mines, Sad Geek 2 has been crunching the numbers, what say you Sad Geek 2.
And Sad Geek 3 posts on the forums cause he didn't get picked for the team. Better luck next season, champ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4triX
Do you pros still remember what it means to PuG? You're not even teamed up most of the time. There is z*e*r*o communication very often and hence no freaking teamplay whatsoever.
Hmmm I'm not a pro because I don't get paid for it. I think of myself more as promiscuous party floosie. I love to get my freak on with the puggies. I always start inviting people as soon as they get in the map. I'd say we get all five people teamed up about 75% of the time and four out of five teamed up about 90% of the time. Just take the initiative.

Quote:
The point of that was that this game needs to cater to a much wider audience than the minority of people who do spend hours and hours every day trying to get that perfect build and perfect premade team etc etc. It NEEDS ti be fun for everyone or else it will fail, and for many people, regardless of the reason, pvp isn't fun.
Maybe you weren't PvPing 6 months ago BEFORE they dumbed the game down to a slow excruciating crawl. They HAVE been catering to the wider audience - what do you think makes them money? Cryptic's not that interested in the hardcore PvPers. They're interested in getting as many people to play as possible.

As is true in any multiplayer game - MMORPG or not - there will always be players who take the game more seriously than you do. It's just the nature of competitive gameplay. Just because people like to be good at what they do doesn't mean they've sold their soul to the MMO gods for leet skills.

Quote:
Some people, like the OP, clearly take this way too serious. You should be forced to watch make love not ******** 1000 times until you get it.
Hmmm aren't you arguing with strangers over internet video game forums? Just sayin'
Lt. Commander
# 8 I die sometimes
11-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Ya, know. I still die when I play as my Klink, getting used to being a Tac in a BoP. I even got healed in a PUG yesterday as a Klingon. Gee imagine that. Too bad I can't get Era or Faith to play a klink. :p

That Geek post was FUNNY!! LOL Thanks

I bless this thread!
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagum View Post
Too bad I can't get Era or Faith to play a klink. :p
I think I just vomited a little in my mouth

I rarely have enough time to log in every other day, I have that much stuff going on. I would never find the two and a half months required to level up a klink character. And the color scheme, oh my god the color scheme (makes me gag).
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Era has a klink, but that makes the kdf enter god mode