Lt. Commander
I was just wondering. I do it for fun, but I don't think anyone else ever sees it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Yeah, I don't think other people see them (maybe if they're in your team during a ground mission, but probably no other time), but I've written bios for mine. I haven't put them in the game yet, though. I keep them in a text file on my computer.

Hmm, next time I'm waiting for a tribble to breed, I may transpose them into the game, heh.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-31-2010, 09:07 AM
Yes, of course I do.

The complexity varies depending on how much backstory I can think up for them (I have around 22 BOFFs between 2 characters), but generally, they get one or two lines each.

Mainly, it's to make them seem more thought out and actually participating in the game, rather then just a named NPC whose sole job is to fight stuff.

Although there's no way to do this in the game, I've even assigned unofficial ranks to them.
Something like: you're co-captain, you're first officer, you're head of science/engineering/ship's doctor etc.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-31-2010, 09:12 AM
I've actually written pretty extensive bios for my Boffs. I've got a blog for each of my active characters and post log entries and biographical stuff there.

I'm always on the lookout for people with interesting character bios and kinda disappointed that we can't access Boff bios ingame.

If anyone else has a blog or posts bios, log entries, or other things elsewhere, I'd be curious to know about it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygod_itsfullofstars
I've actually written pretty extensive bios for my Boffs. I've got a blog for each of my active characters and post log entries and biographical stuff there.

I'm always on the lookout for people with interesting character bios and kinda disappointed that we can't access Boff bios ingame.

If anyone else has a blog or posts bios, log entries, or other things elsewhere, I'd be curious to know about it.
I have a blog that was originally going to be for people to post screenshots, but it has kinda turned into a blog for my characters. If anyone would like to post their character bios on my site I'd be happy to create a login for you.

http://www.stoarchive.com/blog
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Not yet as I am worried that my Orions will end up reading like a Penthouse forum letter.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizaru
I was just wondering. I do it for fun, but I don't think anyone else ever sees it.
BAH ,,, I'm one that will look at them while flying in sector space or to fill the in between moments.

Makes for fun reading sometimes.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-01-2010, 01:24 PM
I always enjoy reading people's bios, some of them are really good. Some of them are hilarious. I wasn't even aware that BO could have them
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-01-2010, 02:37 PM
I have wrote some bio's for a few Bo's. I actually have this storyline going where my captain married his security chief, When that happened I changed her name by adding a hyphen and the captains last name. Whenever we are able to promote Bo's to captain I'm going to let her take over and maybe kill off my very first captain I created. All good things come to an end sometime...
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Well, my bio is not the whole story.

Consider it a teaser or opening chapter to get you to want to find out more.

Which can only be done by talking to me.

For example, the method in which my Fed character obtained a Command Commission.
She came from a parallel universe and didn't want to waste time climbing the ladder when there was battles to fight and exploring to be done, so went to a Starfleet Admiral and banged his head on the desk until she got a ship.
The backstory there is the military forces of that universe placed more emphasis on individual capability and aside from recieving missions from their commanders, were pretty much left to fight their war their own way.
And if your leaders were traitors, nobody batted an eye if you took them out or down.
Which didn't integrate well into Starfleet's follow the rules policy, hence the admiral head knocking.

I've named and planned all my Romulan Captain/BOFFs already.
I even have done some of the Cardassian faction ones.

Does that make me enthusiathic?