Lt. Commander
This is something I've been wondering about lately.

Because I can't tolerate doing the Emblem dailies for prolonged periods, I'm mostly using MarkX purples.

In space combat, I'm not seeing much problem with doing that.

But when I go to ground, it seems difficulty of combat increases.

Basically, my collection of MarkXI purples is 1 gun, my playable Captain's shield and armor.

The kit she or he uses, the BOFF's weapons and equipment are all markX.

When the level cap rises to 61 (Fleet Admiral/Dahar Master), does this mean this equipment will no longer be useful in battle?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-31-2010, 09:04 AM
61 will probably see a gear upgrade, as well as T6 ships, but there's been no talk of 61 from the devs. It could be a year, or more, down the road. The game is already dropping MK XII gear, though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-31-2010, 01:03 PM
Take a look at the Efficient Impulse Engine. People still use that engine due to its buffs, but it is slow. Your ship will be just as effective as it was at RA, but the mobs will be buffed up to compensate for FA. It might be a tad harder and take a tad longer for each fight, but Mk X equipment will still be effective compared to Mk XIII equipment. I see absolutely no point in wasting emblems for MX XI equipment when fighting as a VA.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-31-2010, 06:18 PM
Unfortunately, I discarded that impulse engine long ago,
It was only later I discovered what it actually was.

I'm mainly concerned about weapons DPS.
It seems on ground enemies, it takes longer then normal to kill them (based on a comparision when I was RALH to VA).
I always assumed it's because my DPS wasn't enough.

As for the info I stated about the level increase, this is where I got it:
STO Wiki - Upcoming Content
Look under 2011.

I'm uncertain if I should accept it as truth though, wiki tends not to be reliable due to it's "open nature".
But STO Wiki seems to one of the more reliable informative sources, so I can't decide if it's true or not.

I guess only a Dev can confirm this for us.

But I wouldn't be surprised if the level cap goes up again.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-31-2010, 09:01 PM
I found that I usually only buy the even mark gear. All my gear is Mk X right now except for one or two MK XI items.

For 2011 content, it seems only the passive BO abilities looks iffy. Whether it is 2011 or 2012 for when we get to Fleet Admiral is anyone's guess. Although the Romulan Faction for Season 4 might be pushing it a bit. It might come out in Season 5 or 6 which should still be next year. These are my opinions and should be treated as such. The only dev response for Romulans is that they hope to get it done by next year.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-01-2010, 01:39 PM
I use my Chromodynamic armor on my VA tactial officer lol