Lt. Commander
I was just on my Klingon doing today's War Zone Daily, and happened to be in the zone with the Klingon Gold Farmer of N'Vak. (FYI Gold Farmers have not been exclusive to Ker'rat for a few months now).

Anyhow, I managed to outscore the guy twice. But on round three, the agressiveness of the gold farmer's greed became obvious. He managed to call in a teammate and they purposely shadowed me in purposely denying me of scanning.

Is this tactic legitimate, or is this a type of harassment?

Honestly, I wish Cryptic would finally take action against these people.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-02-2010, 04:30 AM
If you feel harassed, report them. (No threats or anything from your side). If Cryptic thinks you're abusing the feature, you'll not be instantly banned, just get some kind of warning. If Cryptic thinks they are doing something wrong... Well, then something might happen.

I am certainly against gold farmers and my default assumption is whatever they do is lame, even if it's handing out candy to everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-02-2010, 06:10 AM
I don't see how that could be harassment, it isn't you specifically anyway. They're just shadowing you because you're the one that happens to be there. Also, it's an open PvP zone where teamwork is encouraged, so I don't see much wrong with it. Also, how do you know their gold farmers in the worst sense? They could be fleetmates trying to build up a working capital base or item inventory for their fleetmates.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-02-2010, 06:13 AM
Gold farming is not legit regardless of what tactic they use.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-02-2010, 06:40 AM
Being aggressively attacked and/or followed in an open PvP zone doesn't make someone a gold farmer or a griefer. It makes them a competitive PvPer. If I go into Ker'rat I'm there for one reason; and it's not to scan Borg.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-02-2010, 06:51 AM
OOOO the white rhino.......I would love to squishy some gold farmers.......pop em into the vaccum of space.....we should go hunting.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-02-2010, 06:57 AM
I've made them a special target a few times...I have some great screen shots of swearing tells.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-02-2010, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Being aggressively attacked and/or followed in an open PvP zone doesn't make someone a gold farmer or a griefer. It makes them a competitive PvPer. If I go into Ker'rat I'm there for one reason; and it's not to scan Borg.
That's right. It's to get the daily done.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-02-2010, 07:20 AM
I go to kerrat to collect my emblems.

Shooting klingons (and the occassional fed when the game goes wonky) is just something that happens if I'm fired upon.