Lt. Commander
# 1 Can we fix Male Sprint now?
11-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Okay, we fixed the ladies' sprinting animation. Thanks a ton.

But for some reason we've left the guys running around like a bunch of apes out of an anime cartoon. Can someone please tell me what was wrong with the old animation? Was there a single player that complained about it? I don't remember any. Bring it back please. I just cannot get myself to continue sprinting with this animation. I'd rather just go slow.

Thanks again.

Lt. Commander
# 2
11-10-2010, 10:34 PM
/signed

I keep hearing Benny Hill music in my head whenever i sprint. It's like Starfleet implemented a 'ministry of silly runs' or something.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-10-2010, 10:44 PM
From a design perspective the distinction between running and sprinting for the male is currently excellent.

What is needed is the ability to yell/emote: "Make a hole or my elbows will defeat you!"

---
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-10-2010, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post

But for some reason we've left the guys running around like a bunch of apes out of an anime cartoon. Can someone please tell me what was wrong with the old animation? Was there a single player that complained about it? I don't remember any. Bring it back please. I just cannot get myself to continue sprinting with this animation. I'd rather just go slow.

Thanks again.

I heard that it has something to do with how ground combat is going to be revamped. How this plays into that I have no idea.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_484
I heard that it has something to do with how ground combat is going to be revamped. How this plays into that I have no idea.
Coming season 4, the ground combat revamp: revenge of the morris dancers! :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-10-2010, 11:41 PM
They could tweek it a bit more and make a mosh animation out of it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-11-2010, 12:30 AM
my brother complained about it constantly before. And he was right this one is better. Go sprint and take note how you run.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-11-2010, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray__Fox View Post
my brother complained about it constantly before. And he was right this one is better. Go sprint and take note how you run.
For starers i tend not to elbow everyone within a meter radius. The current animation is less of a sprint and more of an attempt at human powered and sustained flight.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post

Thanks again.

They are fiuxing all of the run animations beacause they are going to change running into 3 steps

1. Walk (Old animation)

2. Run (Last animation) Note: this is going to have no bar, your going to run till you stop moving.

3. Sprint (New animation) Note: This is going to be the sprint bar Animation

This is what I gathered from when they were talking about the new animations.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBlue918 View Post
They are fiuxing all of the run animations beacause they are going to change running into 3 steps

1. Walk (Old animation)

2. Run (Last animation) Note: this is going to have no bar, your going to run till you stop moving.

3. Sprint (New animation) Note: This is going to be the sprint bar Animation

This is what I gathered from when they were talking about the new animations.
eh? you can already walk/run/sprint.