Lt. Commander
# 1 Four Klingon Ships in C-Store
11-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Four new Klingon ships - the B'rel Bird-of-Prey Retrofit, the Varanus Fleet SUpport Vessel, the Maurauder Patrol Cruiser and the Kar'Fi Battle Carrier - are available in the C-Store.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Four new Klingon ships - the B'rel Bird-of-Prey Retrofit, the Varanus Fleet SUpport Vessel, the Maurauder Patrol Cruiser and the Kar'Fi Battle Carrier - are available in the C-Store.

ahh excellent will be glad to have something to look forward to when i eventually cap my klinks. I assume you cant TW to ESD in these any more?
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Some of them look pretty powerful, or have good special abilities
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan

The Kar'fi isn't a new ship...unless you meant that it's new to the C-Store. :p

I might end up purchasing one or more eventually just to show my support for the KDF...but that might be some time down the road.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-12-2010, 03:22 PM
For more info about these ships and other details, please read the interview I had with CapnLogan in our fleet magazine!

In one of the answers he explains how he came to creating these ships and where he had the inspiration from.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-12-2010, 04:05 PM
So I see no variants of these ships, no costumes, and nothing they are selling for CP...is it me or did they just throw these things on from tribble with no regard to allowing KDF customization??????????

Come on...really? I like that they finally got to holodeck, but really....1 ship variant is far from what people were hoping for.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
So I see no variants of these ships, no costumes, and nothing they are selling for CP...is it me or did they just throw these things on from tribble with no regard to allowing KDF customization??????????

Come on...really? I like that they finally got to holodeck, but really....1 ship variant is far from what people were hoping for.
One ship variant per is better than not getting the ships at all. I'll take any victories we get, even if they're small ones.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-12-2010, 10:05 PM
OMG great more freaking carriers for the dang klingons and now the feds are going to get screwed over and i dont care if you all think its canon or not its hight freaking time the feds get their own carriers im putting a ticket in cause this is bs another carrier for the klingons
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR71777 View Post
OMG great more freaking carriers for the dang klingons and now the feds are going to get screwed over and i dont care if you all think its canon or not its hight freaking time the feds get their own carriers im putting a ticket in cause this is bs another carrier for the klingons
Umm, this carrier that you're getting so worked up over has been in the game since Season 2 (or shortly after)...
Lt. Commander
# 10 logically
11-15-2010, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR71777 View Post
Calm down captain. feds dont need carriers. i do suggest we get a counter part to klings having repair drones since we basically have the tech to repair stuff on the fly. liberated borg drone anyone. In canon the federation has massive amounts of data on nano technology. The doctor alone create many new technologies in nanite formation. The federation should be able to launch torpes that cause system failure of fighters or drones. disable carrier drone doors dont open. I do think those fighters should have a launch animation. they do not just appear out of no where people. The launch pad for those fighters should be targetable. disabling those fighter bays not permently but temp with a cool down time to repair them is an effective balance to federation players not having fighters.

I do agree that we do need to offset fed ship with at least 3 to 4 fighters out of their shullte bays. Fed captains should have a better point defense system. this allows our ships to protect againts fighters even easier. this is how you respect the klingon huge advantages in ship function and give the federation its actual technology. These should not have anything to do with the c-store either. they should be emplemented in a patch. Why mainly because this is what functions should have come with the game from the start. basic ship defenses, basic shuttle bay usage, usage of ship increase in power allocation and upward increase in performance levels. The problem is to many people want instance gratification when star trek was always about discovery and time in understanding these discoveries. We need to step back from this instant gratification mode STO has become and start to understand and learn attriubtes and function in this game.