Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
I have to say i think 3 variants of timetravel are a little much for one Plot.

First we had the Devidian Portal, perfectly fine,
then we had to get our ship and use the good old Slingshot.

But then, what threw me off was the end. Drake obviosly put a Flux Compensator on my Ship and just like that i could jump Back to the Future?

I realy have to have a word with my chief engineer for not noticing that new equipment....

But the bright side is i now have a perfectly fine working Flux Compensator on my Ship that i just renamed to USS De Lorean and can jump through time now whenever i want.

Or did i miss anything?

Seriously, why not let us Slingshot back arround the same Sun, just in the opposite direction instead of this LAME Plot Device???

btw. did that Sun flickr for you guys to?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-15-2010, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
I
I realy have to have a word with my chief engineer for not noticing that new equipment....
According to the books, all vessels have a cloaking device put there by Section 31 that captains and even chief engineers aren't made aware of unless it suits Section 31's purposes to tell them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-15-2010, 08:12 AM
Also...

"Mr. Data, lay in a course for the 24th century. I suspect our future is there waiting for us."
"Course laid in, sir."
"Make it so."
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-15-2010, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Also...

"Mr. Data, lay in a course for the 24th century. I suspect our future is there waiting for us."
"Course laid in, sir."
"Make it so."
The visual in First Contact implied that they used the same anomaly that brought them there.
Using a Slingshot in First Contact would have been out of place.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-15-2010, 08:22 AM
The slingshot maneuver was classic but a little tricky. I also found the ending somewhat anti-climatic. And just BOOM back to your normal time period? Why couldn't we do that in the first place?
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-15-2010, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Also...

"Course laid in, sir."
"Make it so."
Because they figured out how the Borg jumped through time.

And considering how many means of time travel there are, from the Borg's temporal whatever to the chrono deflector for the Klingons in "Endgame" (VOY), it kinda makes the old slingshot rather redundant.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-15-2010, 08:14 AM
Quote:
According to the books, all vessels have a cloaking device put there by Section 31 that captains and even chief engineers aren't made aware of unless it suits Section 31's purposes to tell them.
Well...
if it is a cloaking device it probably can cloak itself so that would be possible...
but well... let's say i believe it when i see it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-15-2010, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Yeah, as if any chief worth their salt wouldn't notice that thing sooner or later... And how many thousand ships does Starfleet have? Some writers...

But yeah, agree with the OP - would have been far more stylish to use the slingshot back. But tbh, this episode was great, a minor quirk like that is still a very minor quirk.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimyrielle
Yeah, as if any chief worth their salt wouldn't notice that thing sooner or later... And how many thousand ships does Starfleet have? Some writers...

But yeah, agree with the OP - would have been far more stylish to use the slingshot back. But tbh, this episode was great, a minor quirk like that is still a very minor quirk.
Honestly, I thought they did this to keep time travel missions open as an option in the future without using the slingshot or the Guardian.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-15-2010, 08:20 AM
This is no time to argue about time. We don't have the time.