Lt. Commander
# 1 Came back seeing new changes
11-17-2010, 02:40 PM
OMG there may be hope. Without going over individual items, the 'general' play and feel of the game has improved very much. I see more than two Klingons on at once, that is nice. I've been able to get into Klingon PvP and have fun. That's good. Good job Cryptic. Whataver balance issues I was having trouble working through seem to have been leveled out.

About bridge officers .... wtheck happened to that? I get that power were reset. What I don't get is how to work on the system now I can see I can still train my own class of officer to III , but all my stocked off-class III's were changed downwards. I was trying to go through patch notes but without a dates I gave up. What is the path to working with BO's now?

EDIT : OH wait , somewhere the ATI bugs were fixed. Thanks. That was a gamestopped.

EDIT : I'm guessing MG6 is the new max, huh?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Check out Tribble for some new changes coming early December.

Also on Tribble, if you have a DX 11 card, check out its compatibility.
Lt. Commander
# 3 They do things but
11-18-2010, 03:14 AM
They take forever to do stuff. Sorry but most of the new season is nothing more then stuff that has
been begged for sense beta. Taking 9 months to fix problems they knew about 9 months ago is no achievement. What stuff that is coming is great but it is coming out slower then a snail by todays standards.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-20-2010, 09:25 AM
Well, after three days, it's boring again. The grind was increased BAD. Holy Cow! The emblem grind is SO out of whack it seems like a typo. It was fun, and the mechanics seem to work mostly , except for all the stuff that has been broken since release. It seems everything that was fixed, was broken by accident after release, then refixed. The stuff broken since release (Borg Hunt is STILL broke? Really? LOL) is still broken I guess.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
The gameplay was fun for a few days, but it's already boring, and not fun again. I guess the game is good for one week out of twelve? At least for me.

Tone down the grind. I don't think Everquest was this bad, even when Everquest WAS this bad.

Still no PVP maps huh? Fire your art department, retask the funds to level design. Wait ... lay them off. The work is good but you don't need any more useless skins right now. If the art departments can't do level design too, send them to level school or fire them and hire artists that can do level design.

The people are acting better. At least it looks like STO lost most of the D00D's.

Klingons are having fun again. Good for them/us. They deserve it. Carriers for EVERYONE!
Ops until the gameplay is boring and the grind sets in.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for fixing the ATI bugs STO. I'm sad your management is so poor, you would figure in such a competitive jobs economy you guys could get better by now. At least managers that would say "Hey..it's been broken since release? Lets make December RELEASE FIX IT DAY". But nah, I guess not.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-20-2010, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
They take forever to do stuff. Sorry but most of the new season is nothing more then stuff that has been begged for sense beta. Taking 9 months to fix problems they knew about 9 months ago is no achievement. What stuff that is coming is great but it is coming out slower then a snail by todays standards.
First MMO eh? I say that because it always takes MMO developers a while to get stuff out. The STO Dev team has honestly the fastest response as to player requests of ANY MMO dev team to date; and I've played most of the MMOs released starting with Meridian59 and EverQuest.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Try my 9th
11-20-2010, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
First MMO eh? I say that because it always takes MMO developers a while to get stuff out. The STO Dev team has honestly the fastest response as to player requests of ANY MMO dev team to date; and I've played most of the MMOs released starting with Meridian59 and EverQuest.
Sorry there a lest five company's out there that put Cyrtics pace in fixing things to shame. Rather then give a long list I just name one Turbine Inc. Would love to see them keep with there level of service. I will give what is coming out is top grade but they are not wining any races in doing it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-21-2010, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
Sorry there a lest five company's out there that put Cyrtics pace in fixing things to shame. Rather then give a long list I just name one Turbine Inc. Would love to see them keep with there level of service. I will give what is coming out is top grade but they are not wining any races in doing it.
Turbine Inc? Really? I mean sure, LOTRO was good, but Asheron's Call 2 and D&D Online were both lolworthy in almost every respect.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-21-2010, 02:08 PM
I would tend to agree. Turbine was ok when their games came out but certainly nothing to write home about. Now that their games are Free to Play (and new content to sell in the stores is the backbone for keeping their income rolling in) their level of service has obviously sky rocketed.

Free to Play STO?