11-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Where is it? You didn't provide a link
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-17-2010, 09:35 PM
Read the info page:

http://www.startrekonline.com/enterprise

Quote:
We're setting up a spceial tool for you to submit your designs, and it'll appear December 9, 2010. Be sure to check back in for your chance to Design the Next Enterprise
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-18-2010, 09:07 PM
It wasn't stated in the newsletter that was sent to my email
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-19-2010, 08:49 AM
Hrm. I'd rally like to parttake.. but I wager that the contest is, once more, only open to US citizens (or in best case, Canadians additionally). Le sigh.
No love for Europeans, for all the understanding I have for the legal reasons behind limiting eligibility for winning..

Oh well. Guess I'll just start building my own next Enterprise
Lt. Commander
# 5 hmmm
11-19-2010, 09:06 AM
baring they give us a better system then what they used for that other starship website this will be interesting. True cryptic is becomming more usa orientated i do think they might be interested in having it open to all. I would like some more info how we will be allowed to make this new ship and what tools they will give us to make such a ship. I really dont want weak ship parts or pathetic ship parts. Also dont forget peolpe we might be on the enterprise E or F and the J'ish version will have to be worked up to. while I like the contest and it seems cool i dont hope they ship designers are not burnt out. from some of the klingon design they look to be out of ideas which wouls suck. This is my speculation although having the Dev personnel only issuing small bits of info is kinda bad in its own sense.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-19-2010, 09:07 AM
I am going to take part anyways...

I don't belive in excluding or being excluded based on nationality, religion or political beliefs.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-20-2010, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by challenger_sta View Post
No love for Europeans, for all the understanding I have for the legal reasons behind limiting eligibility for winning..
Nor any for the Koreans nor the Japanese. Yes, there are fans over here in Asia too. One could argue that Japanese Space Opera Anime is in some shape or form influenced by Star Trek. :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-20-2010, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
Nor any for the Koreans nor the Japanese. Yes, there are fans over here in Asia too. One could argue that Japanese Space Opera Anime is in some shape or form influenced by Star Trek. :p
Hah
Well, we will see. No matter what kind of tool Cryptic/Intel is going to offer, I'm probably going to feel severly limited. I dabble in 3D as a hobby.. and that's ultimate freedom in design
I have two or three design ideas in my head already that might be kick-ass. Need to sketch them out first, to see which of these actually 'work' in terms of Star Trek and the context of the early 25th century.

Maybe it'll pop up in Ten Forward even.. I doubt custom-made high resolution 3D models are going to be eligible to be submitted to the contest