Lt. Commander
Here is a screenshot of a tower simply sitting off of the edge of a ledge. More than 50% of the tower is actually off the edge there.

http://fnord.kahlan.org/amazingarchitects.jpg

This is really unprofessional. I understand that it's a randomly generated mission, but that's no excuse. You can simply Give the buildings a deep foundation. Look at how Star Wars Galaxies does the foundations for player houses and you'll see what I mean.

This needs to stop, I see this in nearly every random mission with buildings in it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-18-2010, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallurgist
Here is a screenshot of a tower simply sitting off of the edge of a ledge. More than 50% of the tower is actually off the edge there.

http://fnord.kahlan.org/amazingarchitects.jpg

This is really unprofessional. I understand that it's a randomly generated mission, but that's no excuse. You can simply Give the buildings a deep foundation. Look at how Star Wars Galaxies does the foundations for player houses and you'll see what I mean.

This needs to stop, I see this in nearly every random mission with buildings in it.
lol i agree it is a plague on the exploration maps.. almost all of the ones with structures have this issue in one spot of another.. i seen a few structures even burried into the ground and even completely hovering over teh ground. it is just silly
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-19-2010, 07:44 AM
It gets better...on one map, I had to squeeze under the edge of a building that was barely hanging over a ledge to get to a group of enemies hidden inside the building.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-20-2010, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
It gets better...on one map, I had to squeeze under the edge of a building that was barely hanging over a ledge to get to a group of enemies hidden inside the building.
I absolutly HATE when enemy sprites are hidden inside bulidings! Unless doors are added as a feature, there should be a way to program "if, then" scripts to prevent this.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-21-2010, 09:38 AM
Even better, went into a mission with friends, full team of players, and three of us would beam in inside a rock and be unable to get out. Rocks/buildings siting in spots to trap players dose not seem good, and this was a set mission, not a random one, yet if doing the mission alone the BOs would somehow miss beaming in the rock