Lt. Commander
# 1 Please give us the K'vort!
11-21-2010, 07:16 AM
There has been many posts and comments about the K'vort its an iconic klingon cruiser and is is seen countelss times in TNG and DS9, and I think its time to have its place in STO aswell...

I suggest that we have the K'vort as a kind of retrofit at max level, a cross between a BoP and a Cruiser, a Tactical Light Cruiser would fit it best IMO...

As im a dreamer i've number crunched a bit and come up with a nice set of stats for the beast that I think are fair to both sides of the fence Klingon and Federation

K'vort Tactical Light Cruiser
(Lieutenant General)

Impulse Modifier: 0.20
Turn Rate: 12 deg/sec
Inertia: 40
Crew: 250
Hull: 35000
Weapons: 4 Forward, 2 Rear
Consoles: 2 Eng, 3 Sci, 4 Tac
Devices: 2

Bridge Officers: 2x Lieutenant Sci, 1x Sergeant Eng, 1x Commander Tac

Special Abilities: Battle Cloak

Well thats my idea, discuss, flame, etc...
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-21-2010, 02:15 PM
Yeah, i'm the same opinion.
I miss this Class of Ship with his cool angled wings.
But i think, it must be a T5 Ship with 5 BO Slots.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusTyrel View Post
There has been many posts and comments about the K'vort its an iconic klingon cruiser and is is seen countelss times in TNG and DS9, and I think its time to have its place in STO aswell...

I suggest that we have the K'vort as a kind of retrofit at max level, a cross between a BoP and a Cruiser, a Tactical Light Cruiser would fit it best IMO...

As im a dreamer i've number crunched a bit and come up with a nice set of stats for the beast that I think are fair to both sides of the fence Klingon and Federation

K'vort Tactical Light Cruiser
(Lieutenant General)

Impulse Modifier: 0.20
Turn Rate: 12 deg/sec
Inertia: 40
Crew: 250
Hull: 35000
Weapons: 4 Forward, 2 Rear
Consoles: 2 Eng, 3 Sci, 4 Tac
Devices: 2

Bridge Officers: 2x Lieutenant Sci, 1x Sergeant Eng, 1x Commander Tac

Special Abilities: Battle Cloak

Well thats my idea, discuss, flame, etc...

No.

no ships with cruiser tanking and hp should get battle cloak.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-21-2010, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post
No.

no ships with cruiser tanking and hp should get battle cloak.
What are we going to do about the Romulans?
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-22-2010, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
I'd say leave this specific ability to them.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-22-2010, 12:57 AM
I started a thread about the K'Vort awhile ago. Check it out:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...he+K%27Vort%3F
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-22-2010, 10:48 AM
I see alot of people really like to rage whenever a serious klingon suggestion comes through...

as i see it the K'vort i suggested is alot less powerfull than the equivelent cruiser or bop... but meh as i said ima dreamer and couldnt help mumbling up some stats...

I would be happy to see it in any form
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-22-2010, 03:27 PM
We have the Bird-of-Prey category and the Battlecruiser category. Placing a Bird-of-Prey into the Battlecruiser category just sounds wrong. Aside from that, I generally dislike the very idea that the KDF would completely replicate a ship design and scale it up by a factor of 5, including the windows. It's stupid, stupid, stupid and we do not need to approve of TNG's weird OOC scaling and budget issues this way. >_<

I'd like to have the existing Refit-B'rel renamed into K'vort just to have the name here, though, as a nod to the class from TNG and to make the ship seem more advanced. It's a big jump from T1 to T5, after all - one that might warrant a larger design overhaul than merely a retrofit.

In fact, in the Starfleet Command III game, the K'vort was just that - a slightly(!) larger (+25m), more advanced version of the B'rel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
Same thing as for the Klingons I suppose.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
We have the Bird-of-Prey category and the Battlecruiser category. Placing a Bird-of-Prey into the Battlecruiser category just sounds wrong. Aside from that, I generally dislike the very idea that the KDF would completely replicate a ship design and scale it up by a factor of 5, including the windows. It's stupid, stupid, stupid and we do not need to approve of TNG's weird OOC scaling and budget issues this way. >_<

I'd like to have the existing Refit-B'rel renamed into K'vort just to have the name here, though, as a nod to the class from TNG and to make the ship seem more advanced. It's a big jump from T1 to T5, after all - one that might warrant a larger design overhaul than merely a retrofit.

In fact, in the Starfleet Command III game, the K'vort was just that - a slightly(!) larger (+25m), more advanced version of the B'rel.
That's what I always assumed. I just thought that the K'Vort was nothing but an updated B'rel design. In fact, I've always referred to it as a BoP.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-23-2010, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
In fact it was a Heavy Cruiser in "Birth of the Federation".
It is also a Heavy Cruiser in the IKS Gorkon novels.
In the second book one of the ships that aid Klaag is a K'Vort, there
are also several Birds of Prey mentioned.
They are two distinct classes of ships with totally different functions in the novels.