Lt. Commander
# 1 What I want for Christmas
11-30-2010, 11:50 PM
STO-wise, here's what I'm hoping the fat guy in the red suit (no, not Shatner) will do for me real soon....

I desperatly need a tactical officer on my bridge during ship to ship battles. I have two engineers. When I'm on the bridge, there is a tac officer, but she's just an animation, not even a NPC. Actually, I have three engineers now--I bought a Borg Officer about an hour ago, and to my horror found she can only be an engineer. Dang!
Long story short, I need the old man up north, the sadist who makes eight reindeer haul his Jabba-sized butt around the planet, I need him to fix up the game so it's not so hard to get the bridge officers we need. Also, it would be way cool if our NPCs could have slots for costume changes as we do (I have TOS duds to go with my TOS ship, and Trek Movie (real Trek, not last year's Diet Trek) jackets to go with my Reliant-styled ship. But my hapless NPCs have only TOS shirts. No jackets unless I want to spend time switching out their outfits like a ten year old girl playing with Barbies. Which isn't quite what I had in mind when I bought this game and signed away 14 bucks a month until I die (or Cryptic loses the Trek license to Disney or something).
Ok, that, a winning lottery ticket, and the devotion of the Indianapolis Colts Cheerleaders, but that's outside my Trek needs,,,,,
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-01-2010, 02:25 AM
You get a new bridge officer every few levels. By the time you are captain, you will have more bridge officers then you know what to do with. You can always buy a BO at earth space dock too.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-01-2010, 03:38 AM
You can buy as many as you like at earth space dock, but like the other person said you will get loads whilst leveling up for free too.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-01-2010, 03:44 AM
I thought you were going to say "My two front teeth"
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-01-2010, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Hawke View Post
I thought you were going to say "My two front teeth"
Got dentures. Don't need 'em.

Back to what others have said about Spacedock....I'm loitering around that fine place right now. Where would I go for a tactical officer? I have two too many engineers.

Or maybe, I'm wanting a tac officer for the wrong reason. My problem is that my weapons seem to be offline when I need them the most. I'm still STO-illiterate on just how you charge up your phasers and load torps. I hit what seems to me all the relevant buttons, but nothing happens. My damn engineers sure aren't earning their pay, and that empty tac slot just makes me nervous.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Go to Personnel, first NPC (from anti-clockwise). You can buy new BOs for EC100.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker1960
Back to what others have said about Spacedock....I'm loitering around that fine place right now. Where would I go for a tactical officer? I have two too many engineers.
When you first beam down to earth space dock, head to the right (counter-clockwise direction). Go past the shipyard. The next section is the personnel section. The very first NPC on your left is where you can "buy" a bridge officer.