Lt. Commander
Quality kind of sucks, but hopefully this is useful to some of you out there. You can do other things, such as making Klingons fight each other before they discover you and try to kill you.

How to add dancing Orion slave girls to your maps.

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/sto...girls-to-maps/
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-02-2010, 10:15 PM
BTW, Kirkfat, if you only want one dancing slavegirl visible, just individually move the others to other places on the map or give them a vertical coordinate below ground.

This may not always display correctky in a preview because preview mode doesn't have full AI (adding the AI accounts for most of the publishing time).
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
BTW, Kirkfat, if you only want one dancing slavegirl visible, just individually move the others to other places on the map or give them a vertical coordinate below ground.

This may not always display correctky in a preview because preview mode doesn't have full AI (adding the AI accounts for most of the publishing time).

Good idea! Thanks Levi.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Nice video, Kirkfat! I foresee dancing Orion girls a-plenty in some of my upcoming missions.

Also, Darren's 2 videos, especially the 2nd one on the sample mission, are very informative as well. I'm looking forward to his future ones, as well as yours. Keep up the great work guys!

(Also, Cryptic, if you aren't already planning to do so, I would suggest either using their videos or creating similar ones. The quick into that Terramak linked is good, but I feel the videos are more helpful.)
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-04-2010, 02:31 AM
Quote:

My poor AIs, trapped forever beneath the world. :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-04-2010, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AStarSearcher
My poor AIs, trapped forever beneath the world. :p
Hey Star Searcher, are we missing something? Only animations for npc groups and for ships and players interacting with an object? More coming?
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-04-2010, 04:50 AM
I move unwanted NPCs to x = -100, z = -100, because the y coordinate for NPC groups sometimes gets ignored in preview mode.

Warning: I mentioned this to ZeroniusRex this afternoon, and there is no guarantee that this will always work, for the same reason that Cryptic disabled the trash can icon for individual actors in an Enemy NPC group: they're not entirely sure they want us to be able to change the number of NPCs in a spawn, for reasons she wasn't ready to disclose. (I'd be startled if it didn't have something to do with ongoing internal discussions about end-of-mission XP.)

You can mix wander with idle, too, by enabling both and tweaking the weighting on both. Specify how many seconds to wander when wandering, specify how many seconds to play the idle animation when idling, and set a weight for both. If, for example, you set the wander weight to 15 and the idle weight to 5 (for a total of 20), and set both durations to (for example) 10 seconds, then every 10 seconds, each actor will have a 75% chance of wandering and a 25% chance of stopping to do the idle animation.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-04-2010, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousBrad
Warning: I mentioned this to ZeroniusRex this afternoon, and there is no guarantee that this will always work, for the same reason that Cryptic disabled the trash can icon for individual actors in an Enemy NPC group: they're not entirely sure they want us to be able to change the number of NPCs in a spawn, for reasons she wasn't ready to disclose. (I'd be startled if it didn't have something to do with ongoing internal discussions about end-of-mission XP.)
I think we really do need single enemies in the Foundry, even if they restrict single enemies to being challenging/powerful bossfights.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-04-2010, 07:43 AM
Quote:
I think we really do need single enemies in the Foundry, even if they restrict single enemies to being challenging/powerful bossfights.
Agreed. I think most of us have reasons why we would need this option anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-05-2010, 12:22 AM
Quote:
/agreed.......