Lt. Commander
after testing the UGC for familiarity pourpuses, i can't quite place it but i seem to come to the conclusion that there are lots of interior maps that are missing from the list. i don't know mabe im missing them but maps like the briefing room and several others. i realize the foundry is still in beta and a work in progress, just curious if im overlooking something. these maps would be rather convienient in regards that perhaps star fleet doesn't want the comunication overheard so you have to beam your contact aboard and go to that map and talk to them there.... either case, i supose i can try to work out a different location starting for the mission but it would be nice to find out if its just a matter of the maps not being available yet for UGC use.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-04-2010, 11:54 AM
While I agree, I remember reading a Dev Post saying more interiors were on the list/on the way.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Interiors have to be converted by hand:
  • They need to remove anomalies
  • They need to remove missions scripting
  • They need to remove mobs
  • They have to remove forcefields

During Closed Beta test, we went through each map individually to find anomalies and issues (not sure if the changes are in yet but Mapolis was in charge of that). It was very tedious but necessary to ensure the maps are more customizable.

More interiors and exteriors are coming. Be patient - they require a lot of tweaking.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogoFatso View Post
While I agree, I remember reading a Dev Post saying more interiors were on the list/on the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Interiors have to be converted by hand:
  • They need to remove anomalies
  • They need to remove missions scripting
  • They need to remove mobs
  • They have to remove forcefields

During Closed Beta test, we went through each map individually to find anomalies and issues (not sure if the changes are in yet but Mapolis was in charge of that). It was very tedious but necessary to ensure the maps are more customizable.

More interiors and exteriors are coming. Be patient - they require a lot of tweaking.
Many thanks, i kinda figured that it would have been manualy, especialy for quality control purpouses. that explains alot then. well, looks like my original mission idea will have to wait quite some time untill the few things that it would require are available
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Darren is right, I know we need more interiors and we're working on adding them currently. I've added several bridge maps and we're also creating some empty interior templates using the many different interior kits in STO.

The map library should contain nearly every map from all episodes in STO (minus patrol and exploration missions), so if there's an interior from an episode you know I've missed, feel free to request it.

Oh and I still need to add the maps from the most recent weekly series
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-04-2010, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapolis View Post
Darren is right, I know we need more interiors and we're working on adding them currently. I've added several bridge maps and we're also creating some empty interior templates using the many different interior kits in STO.

The map library should contain nearly every map from all episodes in STO (minus patrol and exploration missions), so if there's an interior from an episode you know I've missed, feel free to request it.

Add a bridge to that TOS interior from the Time Travel mission and you've earned your paycheck for the day
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Quote:

make sure for maps that have more then one level you add the different levels as separate maps like for example the top half of DS9 :-)
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Actually, Mapolis, given that we have to use the Patrol star systems as mission doors, having the Patrol maps in the UGC library would probably be a pretty good idea, save a lot of people from having to painstakingly create their own imitations from scratch.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Quote:

Can we get some interior PvP maps for the foundry?

Like "Assimilated Cruiser"?