Lt. Commander
# 1 Spawncamping
12-04-2010, 03:42 PM
I know this has been mentioned a dozen times before. But It is really getting on my nerves when I just spawn and I have a bunch of dude shooting me.

I've played a lot of First and Third person shooters. Most notable one that comes to mind is Jedi Outcast. Spawncamping was never a problem because the Spawn placements for each map was set to random and there was more than one for each team.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
I know this has been mentioned a dozen times before. But It is really getting on my nerves when I just spawn and I have a bunch of dude shooting me.

I've played a lot of First and Third person shooters. Most notable one that comes to mind is Jedi Outcast. Spawncamping was never a problem because the Spawn placements for each map was set to random and there was more than one for each team.
the problem with random spawns in pvp arena is that a lot of people dont team up. so theyd end up spawning away from the combat and out of site of everything and get "lost" so to speak.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-04-2010, 05:55 PM
easy fix, random spawns, team up
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-04-2010, 09:32 PM
What about heavy weapon platforms surrounding the spawn point?

~Spade
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Spade View Post
What about heavy weapon platforms surrounding the spawn point?

~Spade
Like in capture and hold, that could work.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-04-2010, 10:19 PM
i can tank all the platforms in cap and hold, pop aoes, burn them down, and still kill the feds at spawn in cap and hold, so no, they turrets do not work