Lt. Commander
In space and on the ground. I can't quite figure this out.

I nearly finished the mission but it needs that extra flavor
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-06-2010, 06:56 AM
On the NPC group there is a drop down menu that says enable wander, have that set to true and you can change the wander settings. You have duration for how long the NPC will wander, speed which how fast the npc will move during the duration, wright, distance, etc... This will enable the wander for all actors within that NPC group. Doesn't seem like there is a way to change it for each actor yet.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-06-2010, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr2kk13101 View Post
On the NPC group there is a drop down menu that says enable wander, have that set to true and you can change the wander settings. You have duration for how long the NPC will wander, speed which how fast the npc will move during the duration, wright, distance, etc... This will enable the wander for all actors within that NPC group. Doesn't seem like there is a way to change it for each actor yet.
Yes, but it's not working on every npc group I mess with, from groups of mastiffs to ground Klingon npcs. They just stand there, cycling through their animations and chat.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-06-2010, 07:10 AM
OK, from the stickied thread, it looks like wander does not work until we publsih the missions.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-06-2010, 09:21 AM
I dont think AI is advanced enough yet to make NPCs wonder :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I dont think AI is advanced enough yet to make NPCs wonder :p
Thoughtful stance, maybe?
*quick! look intelligent!*
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
OK, from the stickied thread, it looks like wander does not work until we publsih the missions.
I published a mission where I have 5 groups of fed ensigns wandering about the mess hall. None of them move from their starting positions.

For reference, my mission is called "Scan 5 Things" and the mobs that are supposed to wander are on the first ground map.

EB
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-06-2010, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashka_Neris
In space and on the ground. I can't quite figure this out.

I nearly finished the mission but it needs that extra flavor
I'm wondering this myself. While the chat and idle animations work, the wander doesn't seem to work at all.