Lt. Commander
# 1 Weapons against Borg
12-06-2010, 02:24 PM
What kind of space & Ground weapons are most effective againts the Borg? I stick with Canon & always use Phasers ground & Ship.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Let's see...well, the Synchronic Proton Distortion Prototype Rifle you get for completing the second Devidian mission usually chews through drones pretty fast. In space, I think antiproton weapons have a damage multiplier when attacking Borg ships, but I don't recall offhand.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-06-2010, 04:46 PM
In ground combat, anything with +knockback or +repel is nice against the borg (even though they are highly resistant to both). The borg's greatest threat on the ground is melee since they are designed to get up close and personal and overwhelm you. Sci officer crowd control abilities also come in handy here (+hold and +root).

Quote:
Originally Posted by malashenko89 View Post
In space, I think antiproton weapons have a damage multiplier when attacking Borg ships, but I don't recall offhand.
AP has a higher crit severity, so when you do land a critical hit it will do greater damage (may still be bugged as the testing I've done in game doesn't show higher crits on average). You can also obtain very rare weapons of all types that have a 7.5% chance to proc 1000 damage vs. Borg in the Gamma Orionis fleet staging area.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devast8tor View Post
Sci officer crowd control abilities also come in handy here (+hold and +root).
Also Drones & Turrets really grind the Borg's gears. They are really good at drawing some aggro away from your party.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devast8tor View Post
You can also obtain very rare weapons of all types that have a 7.5% chance to proc 1000 damage vs. Borg in the Gamma Orionis fleet staging area.
Yes. Buying anything from BGO is very good to have against Borg. Only problem is that they are a little pricey and aren't as good against non-borg. Definitely pick up a rifle for yourself there asap.
Ensign
# 5
09-06-2012, 02:21 AM
what is the second Devidian mission called ??
Captain
# 6
09-06-2012, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harbor616 View Post
what is the second Devidian mission called ??
http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_Spin_the_Wheel for the Synchronic Proton Distortion Prototype Assault Rifle

http://www.stowiki.org/Devidian List of missions and rewards at the bottom
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-06-2010, 04:54 PM
From what I've heard, Phasers are worthless against Borg in space. The 2.5% chance to disable a random subsystem doesn't work against them (Since Borg have build-in redundancies). The damage is still the same as the others. You're just wasting the 2.5% chance bonus.

If you want to go cheap, get Disruptors for space combat. If you want to go 'max damage' then switch to Anti-Proton.

As for ground combat, there is never a time when you DON"T want to use the Synchronic Proton Distortion Protytpe Rifle. That thing is crazy broken against all enemies. (Although, I hear it will be nerfed come Season 3).

Other than that, I'd advise Anti-Proton or Plasma again. Plasma's burn effect is nice as it gets around the Borgs shields. Plus you can run from them while they burn. Anti-Protons built in +Crit is pretty nasty also.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-06-2010, 04:57 PM
bat'leth with close combat kit. with a sci tossing that melorazine and other one on me -ground
space- pew pews boom im particular to tricobalts