Lt. Commander
I am using the Children of Khan map (at least I think that's what it was, it is one of the "abondended" Starfleet ship maps), and had placed a few (Federation/ Generic S sized). It seems some of these containers, if just placed somewhere on the map, are partially inside the ground. It seems the height of the map and the standard height these containers drop to doesn't work. It's not a big effect, but it is visible.

I couldn't test whether it was the map itself or only the containers. It seemed that some ofthe larger containers and the container groups were sitting right.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-08-2010, 02:42 AM
You can adjust the height manually i think its the y position (can remember for sure but it'll be the middle option) if its to low try adding +3 or higher until it sits in the right position.

This is a work around until they correct the ground level position.

Hope this helps.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-08-2010, 04:18 AM
Yeah, I know, but I was too lazy for that. And the foundry is down for now.

I wonder, though, if these objects are affected by gravity - if I had put it higher then the floor, would they drop down?

I think this is the kind of polish I should refrain from on Tribble. Especially after I rebuilt a Wolf 359 map (minus the monument), carefully placing 39 ship wrecks.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-08-2010, 06:36 AM
No, technically STO has no physics engine (or a very limited one if it does), so if you place an object in the air, it'll just float there and won't "fall" at all.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allerka View Post
No, technically STO has no physics engine (or a very limited one if it does), so if you place an object in the air, it'll just float there and won't "fall" at all.
It has physics, it just doesn't render physics on every object.

Player characters have a very simply physics engine and Phys-X enabled objects obviously use that proprietary technology.