Lt. Commander
# 1 Caitian Manes
12-08-2010, 05:14 AM
while reading the star trek roleplay game. and other official books and stories with Caitians in them. there one theme I find striking. The females have manes. Though is true in nature on earth males have mains while females don't. This is after all fantasy and a different world.

Example from star trek roleplay page on Caitians.

Physical Description: The Caitians are a feline race. They are bipedal, with a thick orange mane, long tail, and large golden eyes that provide excellent low-light vision. They have excellent hearing which extends into the supersonic range. Physically, they are extremely agile and fast. Their language is a tonal one, which utilizes many low-pitched noises like growls or purrs. Consequently, they have trouble adapting to human-style phonetic languages.

I am sure with the new hair tech and some experimenting a good option might pop in.

This is just my opinion and thoughts on it. If you like idea great if not is okay too. thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-08-2010, 05:49 AM
They released the Caitians without manes becuase people were winging about them not being available, but they sohuld be 'coming soon';

read as "we'll deal with it once more important stuff is live"
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-08-2010, 05:54 AM
My wife is waiting--patiently--to purchase Caitians until they can have their manes. I don't blame her.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-08-2010, 06:00 AM
Why do people want manes on Caitians so much? Is it because they can't get over look of a female cartoon cat with long hair?
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-08-2010, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post
Why do people want manes on Caitians so much? Is it because they can't get over look of a female cartoon cat with long hair?
I suspect it's because:

1) The one female Caitian we saw was in the cartoon and she had hair.

2) Caitians look just a bit plain. (So do Ferengi, while we're at it.)

3) They're supposed to be adding hair to Caitians when they revamp/improve everyone else's hair to use the kind of partial transparency Caitian hair uses, which should eliminate the blocky or plastic-y aspects of the existing hairstyles. People are looking forward to the fix in general.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-08-2010, 07:36 AM
Don't the females also have 3 not 2 traveling companions? When you see the ones in game....doesnt look right.