Lt. Commander
# 1 Prop Studio
12-10-2010, 09:52 AM
I was wondering if anyone else thought of the idea of what if Cryptic was giving us the ability to design our own props. I'm not talking about 3D modeling so much as using primitive objects such as spheres, cones, torus , cubes and the like. Using warping options to change their appearance and putting them together to create singular objects and details, even buildings.

Think Spore's building creators, only for Star Trek, or even Second Life.

Cryptic simply provides us with textures and we can use the tattoo technology to place other images on the object's surface.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkarma View Post
I was wondering if anyone else thought of the idea of what if Cryptic was giving us the ability to design our own props. I'm not talking about 3D modeling so much as using primitive objects such as spheres, cones, torus , cubes and the like. Using warping options to change their appearance and putting them together to create singular objects and details, even buildings.

Think Spore's building creators, only for Star Trek, or even Second Life.

Cryptic simply provides us with textures and we can use the tattoo technology to place other images on the object's surface.
Might not look realistic enough if it's built out of basic geometric shapes. I remember making buildings in SPORE and thought... this just looks like kid's building blocks.