Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
That probably means I missed something and have no chance of winning, but I see no other submission that is anything like mine. What do you think?

Full Res Version

See it on the contest page here.

If you like it, let me know because I'm afraid it may be too out there to really have a chance of winning, not to mention getting through the popularity beginning part of the contest. Even if you hate it let me know. I'm just OCD like that.

Cheers!
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-11-2010, 03:21 PM
I think your ship looks like something designed for the 22nd century, rather like this ship. And 4km length!? Is it an inter-galactic explorer? In that case it should be the Enterprise-X or something from the far distant future.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-11-2010, 03:23 PM
to be honest, its not my cup of tea. i wont insult your artistic work because obviously you put a great effort into it. but i personally dont like the shape or the size. mostly the size....its the same issue people have had with the J....its too damn big. imagine five or six of those attempting to dock at ESD or DS9....it lock up the game for anyone in the instance.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-11-2010, 04:10 PM
4km Stem to Stern? 89,000 Souls aboard? I'm sorry, the Galaxy Class had just a tad more than 1,000, since when did Starfleet start building mobile Space Stations?

Why is it that most fan-made designs are always uber-1337-epic-mega-ships? 90 decks, internal volume measured in cubic kilometers, thousands of ridiculously overpowered torpedoes, redundant shields and Warp Cores preventing the ship from ever being believably disabled by any thing.. Why can't anybody ever design anything more realistic?

when designing a ship, I say keep the following in mind: Wolf 359 was considered a devastating loss for the Federation. 11,000 people lost their lives in that battle. The battles of the Dominion wars cost the Fedearation more, but losses were shared with the Klingons, and later, the Romulans.

The loss with all hands of one ship like you propose would be devastating on a scale you cannot imagine, no Starfleet shipwright in his right mind would ever propose anything like it, his superiors would have him stripped of rank & privilege and on the next transport home with a permanent black mark on his record for such gross incompetence.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-11-2010, 04:15 PM
^ what she said.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance86
^ what she said.
Clearly a bloke
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Well I'm sorry to say that but like the most here I dislike that Design, AND the concept.
Why should anybody invest THAT MANY resources into a Starship that caries 12 stashipn wich can very well preform on their own? Why should they put 89.000 people on a starship wich still just can preform one mission at a time? And that aside from the Question if the Federation can build something like that, especially "secretly in deep space"....

[quote=shizaru]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post

I totally agree. Thats why I hated DS9's episode By Inferno's Light. Really, the Dominion was going to destroy the Bajoran Sun? A star? They can do that?
I hate that "uber"-storytelling too.... I hatet the way the Prometheus was displayed in "message in a bottle", I didnt like the way the Defaint appeared on several occasions as "supership" and thats one of the many reasons really really hate Abrahams Trek.

But... that Star Exploading in By infernos light... was never that big problem for me..... I mean the basic ability to do that was already established in Generations... and since Stars can be a very unstable energy mass.... I do not thing that its THAT unreasonable to destable it a little more... I mean they do not "destroy" it by firing super strong weapons at them, they use a device that effects the processes.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanagrah
Clearly a bloke
Pretty sure I know what organs I have:p
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
4km Stem to Stern? 89,000 Souls aboard? I'm sorry, the Galaxy Class had just a tad more than 1,000, since when did Starfleet start building mobile Space Stations?

Why is it that most fan-made designs are always uber-1337-epic-mega-ships? 90 decks, internal volume measured in cubic kilometers, thousands of ridiculously overpowered torpedoes, redundant shields and Warp Cores preventing the ship from ever being believably disabled by any thing.. Why can't anybody ever design anything more realistic?

Because [some] fans think uber is somehow really good for storytelling.

Quote:
Yes, that's me in my profile pick, yes, I'm 26, a girl, and I play STO, no, I'm not single, I'm engaged, to a Marine, no, I won't send you any pictures of me, yes, I play both factions, Feds and the KDF, no, I won't join your fleet. Now stop PMing me.
Your sig made me laugh. Do people really ask you for pics? Its wrong, but for some reason that makes me chuckle my butt off, but only because I commented on your pic a week or so ago. I'm hoping that I didn't cause a bunch of lonely trek fans to start bugging you with that.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizaru
Because [some] fans think uber is somehow really good for storytelling.
I certainly have to disagree with them, if there's no risk, there's no suspense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizaru
Your sig made me laugh. Do people really ask you for pics? Its wrong, but for some reason that makes me chuckle my butt off, but only because I commented on your pic a week or so ago. I'm hoping that I didn't cause a bunch of lonely trek fans to start bugging you with that.
They have in the past, but not so much lately. Messages don't tend to follow someone posting about it, it more often follows my appearance in parts of the forums I don't normally go from people who haven't seen me around in Information & Discussion, Federation or Klingon Gameplay, or the Tribble Forums.

It's partially my own fault for exposing myself to larger amounts of forum goers, but I put that sig in there to discourage them as much as possible.