Lt. Commander
# 1 Fireworks in PVP
12-13-2010, 10:39 PM
Ok first off fireworks has it's place in the game. But it does not have it's place in PVP and here is why.

Not only is it flat out obnoxious it creates more lag on top of a bad lag situation especially where KvF matches happen where there are carriers involved. Some players macro their fireworks to their space bar because they know it will lag some players to a point that it compromises their ability to fight.

LOL one person even told me that using firework emote causes players to miss him more. No...it just has the potential to lag another player to the point they can't fire or keep proper aim.

So, this really needs to be looked at by the devs. There are plenty of other places to play with fire woks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-13-2010, 10:41 PM
Deliberately trying to lag out the game client it poor sportsmanship and probably some kind of EULA violation.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-14-2010, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenstarr
Ok first off fireworks has it's place in the game. But it does not have it's place in PVP and here is why.

Not only is it flat out obnoxious it creates more lag on top of a bad lag situation especially where KvF matches happen where there are carriers involved. Some players macro their fireworks to their space bar because they know it will lag some players to a point that it compromises their ability to fight.

LOL one person even told me that using firework emote causes players to miss him more. No...it just has the potential to lag another player to the point they can't fire or keep proper aim.

So, this really needs to be looked at by the devs. There are plenty of other places to play with fire woks.
Lighten up, Francis.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-14-2010, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie223
Lighten up, Francis.
wow...that sure was constructive. NEXT!
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-14-2010, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenstarr
wow...that sure was constructive. NEXT!
I can do constructive.

1. Considering all the graphics effects of all the abilities, fireworks is much more tame then gravty well. If your life is going so great that THIS event brings you to the forums, gratz, things are going ok.
2. If your computer is having difficulty keeping up with graphics in PVP games, you can turn them down. Honest. Somewhere in the game is the option. File a ticket, someone might explain how to find the screen.
3. It seems logical to me that in the fever of combat, people who already have the fireworks on the toolbar might spam that button too, while they are desperatly looking for any button that does not have a timer on it that might save them. I have seen people hit it under focus fire many times.

I look forward to your next post : My banana is too ripe. We need to do something about this!
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-14-2010, 02:08 AM
Quote:
I can do constructive.

1. Considering all the graphics effects of all the abilities, fireworks is much more tame then gravty well. If your life is going so great that THIS event brings you to the forums, gratz, things are going ok.
2. If your computer is having difficulty keeping up with graphics in PVP games, you can turn them down. Honest. Somewhere in the game is the option. File a ticket, someone might explain how to find the screen.
3. It seems logical to me that in the fever of combat, people who already have the fireworks on the toolbar might spam that button too, while they are desperatly looking for any button that does not have a timer on it that might save them. I have seen people hit it under focus fire many times.
Yup.

Quote:
I look forward to your next post : My banana is too ripe. We need to do something about this!
Stop with the innuendo, please. [/kidding]
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-14-2010, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Lighten up, Francis.
Ah, The life of Movie Quotes. It's a Wonderful Life!

Anyone Touches my Stuff, I'll kill em! Anyone Touches me, I'll Kill em!
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-14-2010, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
Anyone Touches my Stuff, I'll kill em! Anyone Touches me, I'll Kill em!
Stripes.
excellent comedy.

Seems to me that the latest complaint to use as a crutch is the "I get lag because..." excuse.

I understand that lag sucks and it effects almost everyone but complaining that the fireworks lagg you out when the game has so many graphics in play (GW/TykR/EWP/Mines/ETC) is silly. Its not the fireworks per se so much as your PC has reached its limit of what it can process effeciently in a live play situation.
Time to turn down your graphics for pvp and you should be fine.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-14-2010, 08:08 AM
Yep, thats what the 'half resolution' setting is for.

Sorry OP, but you can't 'teabag' in space, so fireworks will have to be the adequate replacement.

And seriously, if fireworks are nuking your computer... it's time to set ALL your graphic settings to LOW. If fireworks are still the cause of your lag out, then you shouldn't be playing STO, your comp isn't able to handle it.

My buddy doesn't even have the MINIMUM hardware requirements listed on the box, puts all his settings to NORMAL, and still manages to never lag out.

How can you even PLAY pvp if FIREWORKS lag you out?!?! As was stated before, a single gravity well should KILL your comp if thats the case... eject warp plasma... feedback pulse... any NUMBER of NORMAL abilities should lag you out before fireworks!!!

I'm not bying it pal... I think you just don't like being 'teabagged' by the fireworks everytime you get killed. Fess up, and stop trying to blame it on the innocent fireworks.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treagersama View Post
Yep, thats what the 'half resolution' setting is for.

Sorry OP, but you can't 'teabag' in space, so fireworks will have to be the adequate replacement.

And seriously, if fireworks are nuking your computer... it's time to set ALL your graphic settings to LOW. If fireworks are still the cause of your lag out, then you shouldn't be playing STO, your comp isn't able to handle it.

My buddy doesn't even have the MINIMUM hardware requirements listed on the box, puts all his settings to NORMAL, and still manages to never lag out.

How can you even PLAY pvp if FIREWORKS lag you out?!?! As was stated before, a single gravity well should KILL your comp if thats the case... eject warp plasma... feedback pulse... any NUMBER of NORMAL abilities should lag you out before fireworks!!!

I'm not bying it pal... I think you just don't like being 'teabagged' by the fireworks everytime you get killed. Fess up, and stop trying to blame it on the innocent fireworks.
Firing off fire works after a kill is not the issue. Tying your fireworks to your space bar which fire them off all the time is the issue. Interestingly enough I have seen very few fireworks in FvF but it seems to be rather common to see Klingons firing it off in KvF.

As some one pointed out earlier the fire work emote is tied to an exploit. So try again.

So no, I am not buying it.

My complaints stands as is. Fireworks in PVP does not have a place. Barrel role probably does.

And as I said before the game has enough lag causing issues it does not need another one added. Ironically I rarely lag in FVF but KvF? KvF is lag central.