Lt. Commander
# 1 Visit the bridge
12-17-2010, 04:56 AM
Cmon Cyptic what was the point of letting us visit the bridge anyway

we cant do anything there and it was a very poor halfhearted attempt anyway.

The crew look like they came from starwars attack of the clones becuse they all look the same .
or is there some kind of interbreeding going on in my ship that the admiral is unaware of ? .

As for the mission replay , at least give us a holodeck to go into and replay the missions from there
plus the option of playing foundry missions from the holodeck

that would be a little better

Lt. Commander
# 2
12-20-2010, 07:45 PM
The bridges and ship interiors we have now are much better than at launch. You have a Ready Room, the Captain's Quarters, a lounge, Sickbay, and Engineering. Stahl mentioned that improving the crew was one of their goals for Season 4.

Initially, there were neither bridges nor ship interiors. So far, they've delivered on their promise to improve ship interiors.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-20-2010, 08:49 PM
haven't earned any trophies yet? you can set up 2 wall trophies in the Ready Room and 4 down in the mess hall, along with a larger Floor trophy. Some of them are pretty cool. It's not much, but it's a start on customizing the interior.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-21-2010, 07:15 PM
I love that idea that you can roam around your own ship. Will be nice when you can do more things to customize it. Also will be nice to have more tools to interact with other people/friends, such as the poker table. Gotta love your home away from home!
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-07-2011, 09:05 AM
Like the idea of roaming your own ship. Be nice little touch if the crew nodded, saluted or just stopped walking while their superior officer walks past.

and..

whats with the beam into and out of your own ship's bridge? its only a change of view....
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-09-2011, 06:05 PM
I find it very handy for meeting friends to trade stuff or train each others Bo's you can be in zenas Your buddy can be in b'tran and meet on a Bridge too easy.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-14-2011, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3darkangel View Post
What's with the beam into and out of your own ship's bridge? It's only a change of view....
That my firend is where you are wrong... it is a change of instance, and because of that the system in STO to change instances for a ground member is to beam and for ship is to warp. Even though that mechanic is actually not happening I believe this is a default action coded into the engine, similar to the smoke puff if your character falls from an overly tall height, this is also what causes the starships to fall sometimes in the space map and bit with a billow of dust particles. It was taken (originally) from a game designed to be on earth with superheroes, who each time they landed from flying would thump the earth and smoke.
Takiwa
Lt. Commander
# 8 No Todays Millitary
01-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3darkangel View Post
Like the idea of roaming your own ship. Be nice little touch if the crew nodded, saluted or just stopped walking while their superior officer walks past.

and..

whats with the beam into and out of your own ship's bridge? its only a change of view....
While i have no idea where cryptic or the STO team got the idea that starfleet officers or personel saluted. in all of the star trek shows and movies there is no such thing. saluting is gone. officer only stand at attention when a superior officer walks in the room or they have to adress such an officer. they do no salute.
Also harry did not salute janeway when he first met her. he stood at attention.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2011, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonbull1
As for the mission replay , at least give us a holodeck to go into and replay the missions from there
plus the option of playing foundry missions from the holodeck

that would be a little better

In other words:

"Hi with regard to STO mission replay and the Foundry, I'd like you guys to repeat one of the major mistake Paragon made with it's Mission Architect system in 'City of Heroes', thanks."
Lt. Commander
# 10 What, no holodeck?
01-30-2011, 01:08 PM
I like the change of scenery with visiting the bridge. I would in fact consider STO less of a game without it there. My problem is the lack of interactivity. You can't right click a chair or sofa to sit down, or a bed to lay down before logging out. (There is no chance of my wife liking this game without those features.)

I also seem to want to click on the food creating machines so I can make my own drink or food as was so often seen in Star Trek the Next Generation. It'd be nice to create the drink or food and then drink it or have an option of eating it at a table.

Lastly... what, no holodeck?? I mean... okay... I get that maybe the extra work to create the bay that we could pilot our own little away ship and guide it out of the bay would be a bit of work... boy, it would be fun. But holodeck... I don't even know how many shows I saw with the holodeck referenced. From taking a girl on a date to playing lazer tag, the holodeck was a supremely useful thing.

(no holodeck )