Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
In my opinion there should be an additional character progression path for Klingons as well, similar to the diplomacy expirience implemeted for the Federation faction.

Perhaps something like a glory rating, which can be increased by fighting randomly generated NPC captains acting as challengers in randomly generated space and ground missions provided by an NPC acting as a challenge broker. Fighting Klingon NPCs would also provide a possibility to accomplish accolades requiring defeating of Klingon Empire members.

This system could even be extended to include challenges to federation captains coming from Klingon NPCs, but in this case diplomacy expirience for Klingons should be implemented as well (diplomacy is not unknown to Klingons, since they at least have ambassadors).

What do you think about this?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-17-2010, 05:21 AM
I like it. Get Glory XP by killing bosses. There should be some stipulation though that the bosses can't be more than 1 level below your current level or something. There is nothing glorious about defeating a weak enemy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-17-2010, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zehra
I like it. Get Glory XP by killing bosses. There should be some stipulation though that the bosses can't be more than 1 level below your current level or something. There is nothing glorious about defeating a weak enemy.
There is nothing more glorious than victory!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
12-17-2010, 06:43 AM
We need a glory bar for klingon weddings. Once the bar is full, you get to choose your parmachkai, perform a dozen rituals and then have a nice bachelor party of wich at the end you get killed by your friends. Then your second glory bar will be full and you get on the barge of the dead where you meet your friends who have just been killed by your Parmachkai. The rest of the way to stovokor you sing of glory and what it got you
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-17-2010, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiskota
We need a glory bar for klingon weddings. Once the bar is full, you get to choose your parmachkai, perform a dozen rituals and then have a nice bachelor party of wich at the end you get killed by your friends. Then your second glory bar will be full and you get on the barge of the dead where you meet your friends who have just been killed by your Parmachkai. The rest of the way to stovokor you sing of glory and what it got you
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-17-2010, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiskota
We need a glory bar for klingon weddings. Once the bar is full, you get to choose your parmachkai, perform a dozen rituals and then have a nice bachelor party of wich at the end you get killed by your friends. Then your second glory bar will be full and you get on the barge of the dead where you meet your friends who have just been killed by your Parmachkai. The rest of the way to stovokor you sing of glory and what it got you
Sounds interesting. Upon your arrival in Stovokor you are cloned by monks of Boreth and are back in game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-17-2010, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woril View Post
Sounds interesting. Upon your arrival in Stovokor you are cloned by monks of Boreth and are back in game.
lol nice touch, I guess we have a solid storyline there
I saw that episode again the day before yesterday actually
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
12-19-2010, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woril View Post
In my opinion there should be an additional character progression path for Klingons as well, similar to the diplomacy expirience implemeted for the Federation faction.

Perhaps something like a glory rating, which can be increased by fighting randomly generated NPC captains acting as challengers in randomly generated space and ground missions provided by an NPC acting as a challenge broker. Fighting Klingon NPCs would also provide a possibility to accomplish accolades requiring defeating of Klingon Empire members.

This system could even be extended to include challenges to federation captains coming from Klingon NPCs, but in this case diplomacy expirience for Klingons should be implemented as well (diplomacy is not unknown to Klingons, since they at least have ambassadors).

What do you think about this?
This would be good to meet the challenge of rival houses and bring glory to the empire!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
12-19-2010, 11:09 AM
where is the glory in beating down dumbarse ai's?



i think it should be about symetrical suffering:

fed pvp focused players need to grind pve for diplo stuff.

so klink pve'ers (who want such stuff the most) should suffer by being forced to WIN pvp matches.


When you win a match, you get a bit of glory. when you win leading the herd, you get a bit more...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
12-19-2010, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post
where is the glory in beating down dumbarse ai's?



i think it should be about symetrical suffering:

fed pvp focused players need to grind pve for diplo stuff.

so klink pve'ers (who want such stuff the most) should suffer by being forced to WIN pvp matches.


When you win a match, you get a bit of glory. when you win leading the herd, you get a bit more...
Not bad. Your siggy person looks like a skeptical beaker.

-- _
O.o
|_|
What.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:36 AM.