Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Next Enterprise Entry
12-17-2010, 09:26 PM
Well, I went and did it. I submitted a "Next Enterprise" entry. I'm no artist, but I think you get the idea.

Submission HERE

If you like it, please vote!

Anyone else who wants to post their entry here, please feel free!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-17-2010, 09:43 PM
I like yours. It's got some really cool parts to it like the nacelles.

Here's mine which I'm going to start spamming around the forums. I have'nt entered it in yet because i'm unsure about it.
Intervention -class
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Better than mine. Check the sig below...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
12-18-2010, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post
I like yours. It's got some really cool parts to it like the nacelles.

Here's mine which I'm going to start spamming around the forums. I have'nt entered it in yet because i'm unsure about it.
Intervention -class
It's crude but I like it. There are obvious signs of the move towards the eventual Ent-J in it which I love.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-18-2010, 02:56 AM
Here's mine, for your viewing pleasure: http://www.startrekonline.com/enterp...lery?share=836
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-18-2010, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaNine
Here's mine, for your viewing pleasure: http://www.startrekonline.com/enterp...lery?share=836
Looks like a Star Cruiser mixed with an Excelsior Class, looks nice
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-18-2010, 05:20 AM
all the pictures look ok, but the problem people are having is that all there ship designs look very simular to other star trek ship, then new Enterprise F contest (which the UK cannot join). needs to be unique and different for all other enterprises in the past.

Please try to make unigue designs
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
12-18-2010, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaNine
Here's mine, for your viewing pleasure: http://www.startrekonline.com/enterp...lery?share=836
That's actually not a bad design at all, melding a Sovereign and a Excelsior that way - I'm just not sure if it's evolutionary enough.

Remember, the contest was to design something in the design lineage between the Sovereign and the Enterprise-J - and I'm not sure your ship would fit as the next step after a Sovereign. (Yes, the Excelsior always had a "retro" feel to me, and IIRC the people over at ILM who designed it did that deliberately).

Other than that quibble, good job!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
12-18-2010, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callasan View Post
That's actually not a bad design at all, melding a Sovereign and a Excelsior that way - I'm just not sure if it's evolutionary enough.

Remember, the contest was to design something in the design lineage between the Sovereign and the Enterprise-J - and I'm not sure your ship would fit as the next step after a Sovereign. (Yes, the Excelsior always had a "retro" feel to me, and IIRC the people over at ILM who designed it did that deliberately).

Other than that quibble, good job!
I have to disagree with you here, I think its a great design. Its obviously a step up from the Sovereign and at the same time has a tip of the hat to past iconic ships. Not everything has to be "forget the past its all about the future" here. The great thing about Star Trek is how they continue to go back to proven designs that work. Not only do I see that ship as the next Enterprise, I see it as something anyone with a love for ST Cruisers would water at the mouth to fly in-game.

I dont even fly cruisers and Id definitely get rid of one of my other ships for a Cosmos Class if I could.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
12-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_Glory
Well, I went and did it. I submitted a "Next Enterprise" entry. I'm no artist, but I think you get the idea.

Submission HERE

If you like it, please vote!

Anyone else who wants to post their entry here, please feel free!
I would have voted for it, but sadly, it doesn't like me and always tells me I have already voted.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:31 PM.