Lt. Commander
# 1 Keep the Enterprise E
12-19-2010, 12:45 PM
I know that the current trend going around the forums is submissions for the new Enterprise F. However, I find this unnecessary. The Enterprise E is still out there somewhere. I don't think she should be replaced yet. Anyone agree?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wake_Roberts
I know that the current trend going around the forums is submissions for the new Enterprise F. However, I find this unnecessary. The Enterprise E is still out there somewhere. I don't think she should be replaced yet. Anyone agree?
It isn't a trend, it is an official contest. Soo it is happening whether you think it should or not.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-19-2010, 01:02 PM
It's practically a 40 year old ship. With the rate of advancing technology, she's pretty old. Also it would seem rather unimpressive compared to the hundreds of Sovereign class ships people are flying in. Also story wise, the Enterprise E has mysteriously gone missing after inspecting a distress call from a federation station. It's been missing a few years so they probably gave up hope. Unlike Voyager, it was in federation space so it should've been found.

I for one blame Iconians.

I think between those two reasons, starfleet probably would've built a new flagship and a new enterprise.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post
It's practically a 40 year old ship.

does that also make it the single longest lasting ship to have the name, enterprise?
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-19-2010, 05:05 PM
Quote:
does that also make it the single longest lasting ship to have the name, enterprise?
If we include the TAS as canon the TOS Enterprise was launched in 2245 and stayed in service until 2293 (The Undiscovered Country), thought it had several Retrofits and at least 1 Refit to the TMP Constitution in that time.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-19-2010, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
If we include the TAS as canon the TOS Enterprise was launched in 2245 and stayed in service until 2293 (The Undiscovered Country), thought it had several Retrofits and at least 1 Refit to the TMP Constitution in that time.
The TOS Enterprise was destroyed in The Search For Spock. The ship in TFF and TUC was the Enterprise-A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post
It's practically a 40 year old ship. With the rate of advancing technology, she's pretty old. Also it would seem rather unimpressive compared to the hundreds of Sovereign class ships people are flying in. Also story wise, the Enterprise E has mysteriously gone missing after inspecting a distress call from a federation station. It's been missing a few years so they probably gave up hope. Unlike Voyager, it was in federation space so it should've been found.

I for one blame Iconians.

I think between those two reasons, starfleet probably would've built a new flagship and a new enterprise.
I agree with all of your statements (including blaming the Iconians :p), except for that having the Excelsior as a T5 ship throws that theory out of the window.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-19-2010, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
The TOS Enterprise was destroyed in The Search For Spock. The ship in TFF and TUC was the Enterprise-A.
That's true. That would be 2245 to 2285: 40 years. That would beat out the E by 3 years.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wake_Roberts
The Ent F contest stems from the original idea of wanting to add the End J into the game. That idea was vetoed but CBS said Crytpic could add a different "futuristic" ship. That got expanded into the idea of having a contest for the fans to create the futuristic F ship. That's really all there was to it. Besides, the Ent E Refit is now 24 years old based on STO's timeline - the Sovereign Class being 37 years old. It's time for an upgrade.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-19-2010, 01:16 PM
I like the contest, the horrible page it's entrants have to deal with is another story though. (this is likely why people are posting their designs on the forums, that's the only way they'll ever get seen at all) At this point the only change i think they should make is nixxing the whole user voting thing and just go through all the entries themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-19-2010, 01:31 PM
I just say don't have the Enterprise E destroyed.....