Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lt. Commander
Has anyone else had this problem?

When using a Noble class Assault Cruiser equipped with the AEGIS Engines, one of the impulse trails is MUCH larger than the other. This asymmetrical display is incredibly annoying, especially since the effect is fine on Sovereign, Majestic, and Imperial Assault Cruiser variants. I have reported this issue, Bug ticket #1017879.

Also, any chance this could be fixed with the upcoming other fixes to the AEGIS impulse trails? (That would be really awesome! )
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-21-2010, 02:10 PM
Not sure if this is related or not, StormShade made a note in the Release Notes - December 21, 2010 that their is a known bug, maybe this is part of the same issue.

Hopefully this will get fixed in the next patch release...Go Cryptic!

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...30#post3236530

Known Issues

* The Aegis impulse engine effect gets excessively long when you are at full impulse.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-22-2010, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 647379
Not sure if this is related or not, StormShade made a note in the Release Notes - December 21, 2010 that their is a known bug, maybe this is part of the same issue.

Hopefully this will get fixed in the next patch release...Go Cryptic!

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...30#post3236530

Known Issues

* The Aegis impulse engine effect gets excessively long when you are at full impulse.
Unfortunately, the patch went up this morning for this issue, and the asymmetrical engine trails on the Noble class are still there.

I know its only a cosmetic thing, but it is really annoying to look at.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-22-2010, 08:10 AM
As I previously posted in the Tribble Bug Report forum, I believe this relates somehow to the Noble-class itself. After seeing the asymmetrical Aegis effect, I took a closer look at the standard red impulse line. Unless I am mistaken, I believe this too is asymmetrical, which means something is broken within the Noble's saucer. This would, of course, cause the effect we see with the Aegis set, since the Aegis impulse visual is pretty much just a programmed swap of the standard impulse effect.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-22-2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiDragoon View Post
As I previously posted in the Tribble Bug Report forum, I believe this relates somehow to the Noble-class itself. After seeing the asymmetrical Aegis effect, I took a closer look at the standard red impulse line. Unless I am mistaken, I believe this too is asymmetrical, which means something is broken within the Noble's saucer. This would, of course, cause the effect we see with the Aegis set, since the Aegis impulse visual is pretty much just a programmed swap of the standard impulse effect.
Great catch. Come to think of it, this is probably just more noticeable considering how much more pronounced the AEGIS impulse trails are. Makes me wonder for how long the uneven trails have gone unnoticed in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-23-2010, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlothfulDragoon View Post
Great catch. Come to think of it, this is probably just more noticeable considering how much more pronounced the AEGIS impulse trails are. Makes me wonder for how long the uneven trails have gone unnoticed in the game.
You all pay a lot more attention to this sort of thing then I do, Thanks for that1

J.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-23-2010, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlothfulDragoon View Post
Unfortunately, the patch went up this morning for this issue, and the asymmetrical engine trails on the Noble class are still there.

I know its only a cosmetic thing, but it is really annoying to look at.
Yup, Took me less then a second to notice it and that's all I see as the starboard trail is so much more prominent then the port.

I also have a variant. Imperial noble AC setup and I am noticing the same issue.

J.