Lt. Commander
I'm working on a mission where you have to talk to an NPC ship in space. It worked fine yesterday. Today, no matter what ship i want to spawn the "Generic Cruiser" ship shows up. I've tried new maps, I've tried a new mission. I've even restarted the foundry. No luck.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-22-2010, 06:35 PM
npc groups work fine though
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babakadouche View Post
I'm working on a mission where you have to talk to an NPC ship in space. It worked fine yesterday. Today, no matter what ship i want to spawn the "Generic Cruiser" ship shows up. I've tried new maps, I've tried a new mission. I've even restarted the foundry. No luck.
Same thing just happened to me:

Played earlier this afternoon before the patch and things were fine - I put a Nebula class ship in my mission and it looked great.

After the latest patch 12/22 now, instead of a Nebula, a generic ship shows up instead. I've tried going in to editor again and nothing is wrong, it lists Nebula as the costume. But preview map mode showed a generic ship still.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-22-2010, 07:51 PM
glad its not just me
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-23-2010, 03:44 AM
It is happening on missions that have already been published as well. I played a couple of other people's missions and noticed it, so I went through one of mine. It was the same way.

Even some of my ground costumes have changed to a the default alien guy.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-23-2010, 06:22 AM
Ran through my own mission (published weeks ago) real quick to check this out - confirmed. All my space npcs (non-combat) had defaulted to something like "Alien Ship - Disruptor." Ground npcs were fine.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-23-2010, 07:33 AM
I can confirm this too.

I was creating a nice ground map the last hours, for an edit to my mission. A few minutes ago i play-tested an earlier space part, and was like... All of the sudden my Ferengi Contact has changed to an Alien ship model. I think its related to the last Tribble Update. I hope people dont think that i dont know how a Ferengi ship looks like now, cause this mission is already published and the Ferengi ship is a major part in it.

But i am glad in a way that its not only the Ferengi ship model.