Lt. Commander
# 1 UK Fleet
12-23-2010, 05:05 AM
Hello everyone. I'm Grace and been playing or subbing STO since launch but recently returned and re-learning the game. I'm RA at the moment but I expect I'll make it to VA quickly enough.

What I'm looking for in a fleet. A good level of activity during my gaming times i.e. UK Evenings and weekends. A helpful and fairly mature community to game with who can point me in the right direction and answer my stupid questions with patience. A fleet who enjoy PVP but aren't too hardcore as thats why i want to play STO. Ultimately I'm looking for a fleet which puts fun first. I am not overly interested in fleets with ranks and internal politics.

What do you need to know about me? I'm from the UK aged 31. I am very much a casual gamer these days and I will go through times where logging on will be intermittent. I don't guild hop. I generally don't use TS and Vent though I'm quite happy to listen for PVP purposes. Oh I don't RP and in fact it's probably my least favourite thing to do in game so I can't see me joining a RP fleet.

I've played many MMO's from CoH/CoV, Guid Wars, Star Wars Galaxies, Warhammer, Age of Conan to name but a few.

If I seem overly picky it's because I'm selective and I intend to make the right choice first time round. I am in no hurry to join a fleet so I'm quite willing to be patient for the right one to come along.

Looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better.

Grace
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-23-2010, 07:25 AM
Check out the Knights Templar fleet, here is some information about us
-Casual
-over 21 fleet
-PvP Wing
-PvE and STF
-Weekly fleet events
-Klingon house for our members
-Active forums
-Friendly
-Easy application (just introduce yourself on our forum)
-Fleet Ventrillo (encouraged but not required)
-Members world wide
-Real life comes first
-No required play time

If we sound like a fleet for you please follow the link to our site. http://knights-templar.star-trek-online.u
And if you have any questions feel free to PM me
Happy fleet hunting.
Lt. Commander
# 3 :)
12-23-2010, 07:53 AM
We are a UK Fleet :-) we have recently rejoined STO and have a small group on both sides but building our numbers back up. We feel STO is developing into the game we always wanted.

Our site is being redeveloped, are numbers do need building back up but The British Guards are back on STO for good :-)

We dont have internal ranks and ******** like so many fleets, we are here for the fun, doing the STF and PvP.

we do use TS3 which is a must when doing team stuff and we do not RP ;-)

Hope that's enough info to give you an idea of what we are about.

Hope you find the right fleet, have fun!
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-23-2010, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryde7
What I'm looking for in a fleet. A good level of activity during my gaming times i.e. UK Evenings and weekends. A helpful and fairly mature community to game with who can point me in the right direction and answer my stupid questions with patience.
Hello Grace.

The fleet I represent, the {UFP}, is a worldwide fleet, but we are very active during GMT evening and weekend hours... the hours I'm generally on myself too (Hampshire here).
You'll find our community is very welcoming and eager to help, and we've had some excellent positive feedback from members joining in the past few weeks. We have a few forums dedicated to providing helpful information and a place to ask questions if you're stuck or in need of advice.

Quote:
A fleet who enjoy PVP but aren't too hardcore as thats why i want to play STO. Ultimately I'm looking for a fleet which puts fun first. I am not overly interested in fleets with ranks and internal politics.
The {UFP} due to its organised make-up, is able to provide a wide variety of activities. We have event co-ordinators from many different time zones who set up multiple events for the fleet to enjoy. Beyond that we encourage 5 person teams (not mandatory) who find themselves forming friendships, or even just gaming at similar times or with similar styles/habits. They have access to their own forum area to arrange times for activities and other meet ups (useful in particular for STFs).
Of course there are plenty of on the whim activities, PvP seeming to be a popular one for that.

We do have ranks and structure, but it's all opt-in. You can join and not need to be concerned about rank or position from that point on. We have a brief academy experience, which will allow you to learn a little about our fleet, and also makes sure our members have a basic understanding of the game (or games if you wanted to take part in our other Star Trek divisions).
To maintain membership we ask that everyone signs a monthly roll call (for our admin purposes), but beyond that it's all freedom to choose how and when you play.

Quote:
What do you need to know about me? I'm from the UK aged 31. I am very much a casual gamer these days and I will go through times where logging on will be intermittent. I don't guild hop. I generally don't use TS and Vent though I'm quite happy to listen for PVP purposes. Oh I don't RP and in fact it's probably my least favourite thing to do in game so I can't see me joining a RP fleet.
With the roll call system I mentioned before, you don't need to worry about logging in regularly if life is busy at the time, your membership will remain secure.
We're always looking in particular for members who want some permanence. We've been around over 8 years and value our members highly, so if you're looking for a longer-term fleet we definitely fit the bill.
Role-playing isn't so popular for STO, but even if it were again it's not something you have to be involved in. Also we address each other very casually, there's no rule stating we have to address each other by rank etc.

Quote:
If I seem overly picky it's because I'm selective and I intend to make the right choice first time round. I am in no hurry to join a fleet so I'm quite willing to be patient for the right one to come along.
I think this is sensible and in knowing this, we have tried to keep much of ourselves open to the public. Many of our forums are accessible, and those that aren't, are at least visible, so you get a view of the inner structure.
Our TeamSpeak server is also welcome to receiving visitors. Admins are regularly on if you need to move into a restricted room, and we've quite frequently accommodated for this.
So if you're interested do stop by our forums, and indeed our TeamSpeak 3 channel (ts.ufplanets.com:9987), you're more than welcome to (with or without a mic is fine).

For more information, feel free to contact me or consult our site at www.ufplanets.com.

Good luck with your fleet search.

Kind regards,
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the responses. I'll be in touch with all of you to get a better feel for your fleets and to get an idea of activity levels during my peak times.

Grace
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-24-2010, 02:21 AM
I'm looking for pretty much what the original poster said. Im a huge Trek fan but im only 17 (18 in 3 months), RP or not, just looking for a good UK fleet
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-24-2010, 04:23 PM
3rd Fleet is a huge international fleet with players from across the world.

We support various timezones and always have a few people online in the game during the day.

More Info
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...ight=3rd+fleet