Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
Just looked into the C-Store and now i have 2 questions:

1: is there ANY justification or explenation for the uber greedy 2000 CP Pricetag?
(it is not a Canon ship like the Galaxy-X and it is not a Ship from the "Refer A Friend" program, so how is this justified, please ? because it's christmas? because it has some moving parts? because it has an uber cannon ? )

2: is there at least a way to get it for fee in the game? like the Nebula Class for 500 Marks of X?

I don't see that info on the C-Store or in the News postings,
so excuse me for not stalking the Dev postings for that one.

Bonus Question: are people actually crazy enough to buy non-canon ships for that price? I can understand that Trek Nerds (like me) are crazy enough to do anything for a Galaxy-X or an Excelsior replica, but for this Guramba thingy?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-23-2010, 12:54 PM
The Klingons have to fund the war effort somehow
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Klingons want equality with Feds.

You're one step closer: You have a C-Store ship for 2,000CP with a uber-laser. Yay for equality!

Wait, lemme guess.. you wanna be equal in all ways except the C-Store prices?

In all seriousness, I am sure the pricetag is somewhat related to the amount of development time it took, compared to the others, it was a much more "expensive" ship to create (more time and resources)

Look at it this way; Wait for the next C-Store sale when it will be eligible, and it'll be 20% off too - Just $20.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-23-2010, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
Klingons want equality with Feds.

You're one step closer: You have a C-Store ship for 2,000CP with a uber-laser. Yay for equality!

that means i do get the ship for free because i actually invited 5 friends to STO?

no?
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Invite 5 more, I am sure Cryptic will work with you.

I would support you being able to TRADE your Galaxy X for it, and it being a choice for future referrers, but beyond that, the cries fall on deaf ears as far as I am concerned.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-23-2010, 01:25 PM
i'm realy just wondering if they are serious.

i mean they have to know that this kinda sh*t drives customers away instead of binding them to the game.

and yes i actually had to explain to some guys that you do not have to buy all the ships in the c-store because some of them are free in the game and others are just skins.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-23-2010, 01:30 PM
The new Destroyer mirrors the Galaxy-X as far as the ship is concerned. It's not a retrofit like the others, it's a specialized ship. All the Retrofits are 1200 CP (Excelsior, Nebula, B'Rel.... etc.)

The Specialized ships like the Galaxy-X and the Destroyer are 2000 CP. The only difference between the two is you can get the Galaxy-X via the referral program, where as the Destroyer you can't.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701

Wait, lemme guess.. you wanna be equal in all ways except the C-Store prices?

Nope I'm willing to be equal in this way too. Just kinda sucks they chose this type of equality first rather then game play equality. I will buy this ship. But with the revenue, from all who do, I hope too see equality in game play stepped up even more. I have not been one to complain much about the state of the Klingons as I feel their current direction has been nice. And am thrilled to see Gozer back. However, I feel the purchase of a $25 ship for a still incomplete faction gives us even more of a voice in our fight for equality. So please cryptic, If we buy this ship, give us many more places to use it in.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-23-2010, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikoy
Nope I'm willing to be equal in this way too. Just kinda sucks they chose this type of equality first rather then game play equality. I will buy this ship. But with the revenue, from all who do, I hope too see equality in game play stepped up even more. I have not been one to complain much about the state of the Klingons as I feel their current direction has been nice. And am thrilled to see Gozer back. However, I feel the purchase of a $25 ship for a still incomplete faction gives us even more of a voice in our fight for equality. So please cryptic, If we buy this ship, give us many more places to use it in.
All you'll be saying if you buy it is that they can soak $25 out of you without applying any additional effort to fix the KDF side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolderine
There's just no way I would dream of shelling out RL cash for a ship if I couldn't test drive it first. On top of that, for a subs based game to have a Cash Shop, it's just wrong. If I wanted a game that had a cash shop, I could play dozens of them for free and buy CS items only when I could afford them.
This is exactly what Cryptic said it wouldn't do when the game was launching and selling LTS's.

And it's exactly what they're doing now.