Lt. Commander
# 1 Ask Cryptic: January Edition!
12-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Hi folks,

It's almost time for a new month (and a New Year!) which means it's time to start preparing for another Ask Cryptic. Please post your questions regarding Star Trek Online in this thread, and STO's Executive Producer, DStahl, will do his best to answer as many as possible!

Remember that the answers won't be posted until after the New Year!

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-23-2010, 04:32 PM
Will we have refit for lower tier ship such as a miranda refit?
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-23-2010, 04:38 PM
In the up coming weekly series are you going to continue stories from the earlier missions in the game or are you going to continue down the same lines as the current episdes by adding new stories
Lt. Commander
# 4 fleet bases
12-24-2010, 04:18 AM
back again,just been thinking if its to hard to put fleet starbases how about fleet ground bases ? you can make another planet just for this so every fleety would have a centeral point to meet. now instead of beaming down to a bear pach of ground once a fleet activates its self to the planet the can start with there own central base eg... a map base like in the expances instances.to make it more functional add a crafting twist to the expansion of the base if members want to make it bigger and more personalized to the spercific fleet feel.you could also add as in bridge maps invitasions to other fleet members ,theres a tone of in game features that can be added like accolades,bank & so on. maybe this could be in an expansion to the game down the trak
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-23-2010, 04:39 PM
I was extremely pleased with the improvements from Season 3, mostly the Sector Space visual improvements and the crafting improvements. I was wondering what you might be adding to the crafting system to make it unique? Is the Aegis set the first of many to come?
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-23-2010, 04:47 PM
So, with the 300 day veteran rewards live and the 400 day veteran rewards less than 100 days away, I was wondering if Cryptic would be continuing this? Will there be more rewards every 100 days? 200 days? 500 days? or will this be the end of Veteran Rewards? I kinda enjoy looking forward to the new uniform piece or whatever it is. I've had people ask me where I received the combadge from the 100 day reward or my ability to shoot fire works. I think it gives those that see it something to get excited about.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-23-2010, 05:19 PM
It's been discussed several times how the exploration star cluster missions could use some improvement. Specifically, we keep repeating the same handful of generic missions with new skins. Unfortunately, setting aside the amount of resources required to make hundreds of truly unique and engaging missions probably isn't feasible. Any thoughts in leveraging the foundry for this? Perhaps player-made missions can be specially designed, then nominated (by staff, players, community, etc.) and hand-picked by Cryptic staff. As players "explore" those clusters, they essentially load up a random foundry mission with its unique plots, characters, and gameplay. It might make cluster exploration more fun because you never know what you're going to get (exploring!) rather than rolling the dice on the same set of missions every time.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-23-2010, 05:25 PM
The foundry could possibly be the greatest thing yet to happen to STO. It allows the game to be improved by Star Trek's ultimate weapon, it's community. Given that maps can be designed in the current tool, will we see the capability to design ship bridges/interiors given to the Foundry in the near future?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Need new, more powerful ships for Vice Admiral, preferably called Tier 6. I think the current ships are rather inadequate for such a rank. The most weapons on a ship is 8 (4 fore, 4 aft), we need something with more bite and alittle different, say 10 weapons (4 fore, 4 aft, 1 port and 1 starbrd) and more consoles.

We have the chance to buy device slots in Cryptic Store, why not allow us to buy extra engineering, tactical and science slots?
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-23-2010, 05:50 PM

I actually think this one is important now. With the Foundry coming to the Holodeck will we see the SP that is needed to gain a level raise at all? Some feel it is a too quick to level up and with Foundry missions i believe now could be the time to actually raise the SP needed to go up a level/rank, thus rectifying the all too quick leveling in STO.

Closed Thread