Lt. Commander
Today, I went to purchase the TMP Uniforms from the C-Store and somehow ended up with a Pet Sehlat.

I filed a ticket and GMs promptly replied that it was my fault and all sales were final.

I just don't understand why Customer Support won't work with the players in fixing such problems.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Mistake or no mistake, this message is very clear to all at the bottom of the C-Store page http://www.startrekonline.com/store - PLEASE NOTE: All purchases made with Cryptic Points are non-refundable.

Digital products of pretty much any kind are operated no differently. All i can suggest in the future is you be much careful next time. A similar issue like this happened to me on Need For Speed World, and nothing could be done. At least with the C-Store you do have a confirmation (yes/no) box after you first click. NFSW has their in game items dotted all over the screen so one accidental click and a purchase is made.

Now, you wanted a uniform but got a pet instead...how exactly did that happen? :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-02-2011, 10:30 PM
I did read it thank you very much. It said one thing, and I got another. So if that's my fault, then I must've had a memory loss of a few seconds or Cryptic's servers flubbed up.

Other people had this happen as well, but instead we get the response it's our fault and the customer is not always right.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-03-2011, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
I did read it thank you very much. It said one thing, and I got another. So if that's my fault, then I must've had a memory loss of a few seconds or Cryptic's servers flubbed up.

Other people had this happen as well, but instead we get the response it's our fault and the customer is not always right.
Problem with this is that someone can buy an item in the C-Store use it, figure they don't like it, and then tell Cryptic it was a mistake and didn't want it. If that's the case I want a refund for my Galaxy X
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-03-2011, 05:26 AM
I bought the TMP uniforms and didn't receive the giant rat looking thing. All I got wes the TMP uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-03-2011, 06:36 AM
Yep got TMP uniforms no problem.

While I can understand your frustration, this is one of those things that I agree with CS, and other people on here.

If we can play the whole "I accidently clicked on it" can I refund the Galaxy X as well XD

Now heres the kick though -- IF you clicked on the TMP uniforms and it took 240 out of your c-store credits and only gave you the cat, then you'd have something to possibly (albeit a remote chance) to stand on.

And BTW -

The first thing they teach you in retail -- No matter how much the customer says it, they are not always right
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-10-2011, 05:42 PM
In Cryptics defence, they did post a warning saying, "We can put anything we want on the C-Store to make you buy it, and not give it to you, but we won't refund your money because we don't have to." Its a very shady way of doing business. They gearing for everyone trying to steal from them, instead of the 2% that will. As for Databases being 100% correct, all the time, well, you must never had a corrupted database before and had to get that database back using a previous backup. If you purchase anything from the C-Store, the only promise that is going to be made is you won't get your money back. It is no surprise that cryptic is being lead by someone who comes from one of the most greedy MMO companies around, which would be Sony Online Entertainment.