Lt. Commander
# 1 Assimilation Help!
01-18-2011, 02:11 PM
Hey

I just got to the part of this mission where you land on the borg cube and have to find some kind of teleport device. Now in my search for it i have triggered a borg attack, over and over again. However these are the kind of borg that don't stay down when killed, instead they regenarate and call in more mates until before i know it im swamped by borg trying to hold me.

Can anyone tell me how to kill these buggers for good or at least suggest a way of avoiding fighting at all
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Edit : Ooops - misunderstood question

When you find the console the borg will spawn. Remmember you dont have to fight all the borg, and you can kite them out of the room and let your BOFF's distract them. Just run past them and if your BOFF's die dont worry too much. Beam to the next stage on your own leavign your BOFF's dead, beam out of mission, beam back in, and all your boffs will join you

... Enjoy the next part

There is a wiki guide here ... and a post on my blog here.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-18-2011, 02:50 PM
There is a certain console that you have to locate. I would have to show you in person for best results. I can tell you that you need to go through a door that triggers a wave of borg before you get to the right one. I think that it is located in the southeast part of the map.

And a tip to kill borg that are coming back alive. There are targetable distribution nodes on the ground that you must shoot and destroy in order to keep the borg down
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-18-2011, 04:18 PM
The simple answer to this is don't activate every Borg device you see. Only scan ones that are the mushroom shape, not just random Borg devices.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-18-2011, 11:08 PM
Easiest way to do it is put your Boffs on Passive, which the mission text actually hints at and just running round looking for the Transporters... leave everything else alone.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-19-2011, 02:08 AM
only activate the shielded devices not the flat wall mounted generators. and use passive mode on all crew. you can do assimulated in about 10 minutes
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-19-2011, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acceleron
There is a certain console that you have to locate. I would have to show you in person for best results. I can tell you that you need to go through a door that triggers a wave of borg before you get to the right one. I think that it is located in the southeast part of the map.
the correct item randomly changes. it will be different for everybody. sometimes its in the main corridor and sometimes its in a side room. ive done that misison half a dozen times at least and its different each time.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-22-2011, 04:26 PM
I would like to say a very big thanks to the 3 guys that helped me out earlier tonight after approximately 4 hrs playing on this mission. It was spread out over 2 evenings, I cant remember their names/handles but we got through it quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-22-2011, 07:00 PM
Ran it other night for fun on elite. While it took me WAY longer than 10 mins - was a fun run. This is one of the missions I enjoy.

Last part, instead of running in and stirring up the wasp nest waiting for you, do very very selective and careful pulls. Hit ONE drone.....back out to a corner where you have your BOffs anchored on a rally point. Mug that set, beat them down, then go out and get another group. Usually ONE shot will be enough to aggro them to come to you, and they will come in pretty small groups.

When you get to the nodes part - unlock your BOffs and reanchor them to a position a little more forward. You go kill the node, then get back to them. Make sure they are well stocked on shield/hypo charges. Key being, methodical pulls. Basically, other than hitting the nodes, you should never be throwing more than a couple shots inside that room. Be in the side rooms.

If you have engy BOffs, make sure they have shield and med gens out before you go get a set of borg. I found having drones out though - tended to aggro a few too many.

btw - make sure you scan everything in the room.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-23-2011, 12:22 AM
you do not have to kill any nodes to finish this mission... the trick is to scan each assimilated undine... which will aggro only 2 borg that are not linked to a distribution node... keep the two borg in sight and keep shooting while backing up to the spawn point where your BO's are waiting for them...

If you scan all of the undine you get an accolade for it... I do all my fighting at the spawn point and pull everything back there... no node aggro-ing required...

The final bad guy and his buddies will track you down after killing enough of the "pairs" guarding each assimilated undine.