Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
Hello Cryptic,

Please make our Shield Regeneration and Shield Damage Removal (Resistance/Reduction) stats visible in our UI.

These stats would be similar to how we can now press U, click Defense, and see our Shield Facings, Hull Points, Hull Resistances, etc. But, unlike the stat for Shield Regeneration given in a shield's description tooltip, this UI addition that I'm requesting would be dynamic and change in real time based on our ship type, skills, shield power levels, captain/BO powers, console/equipment load-out, etc. similar to the other stats described above or like weapon damage/DPS changes in the Power Tray Tooltips. Shield Regeneration was once available to us as the "Shield Emitter" stat, and while strangely labelled, it worked great until it was removed for no apparent reason (see below).

Along with the Shield Regeneration stat, please also add a visible Shield Damage Removal stat. Dynamic as described above. This relatively new shield feature would be better understood if we could see it and view how it's affected by the various game mechanics.

I hope the reasoning behind needing these UI improvements is self-evident, but if more information is required, there is much discussion and many approvals linked in the History, below. I also invite further discussion here.

History:
My quest first began 04/21/10 with this thread asking for the location of the regeneration stat, and when I learned it wasn't available, I asked for it in the April 20th Engineering Report. Amazingly, dstahl responded, saying he'd forward my request "to the UI tooltips guru."

On 06/04/10 I started a thread dedicated to the addition of a regeneration stat and damage removal stat, and a couple of days later the Shield Emitter (regeneration) UI addition was found. Sadly, that was removed for no apparent reason (or comment in the Release Notes) by July 30th.

That last thread is still alive, but it's not really entitled properly. For starters, the title doesn't mention Shield Damage Removal. And at this point, we don't care why it was removed, as much as we'd like the Shield Regeneration stat restored and, I think, properly labeled. Lastly, I hope placing this request in the Controls and User Interface forum, will hopefully gain the proper attention of the UI Gurus.

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read this request. Please sign below if you would find these features beneficial to Star Trek Online.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-24-2011, 06:28 PM
/signed.
+1
Ditto
I support this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-24-2011, 07:14 PM
/signed, as well.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-24-2011, 10:19 PM
Thank you AZSteel and Zordar.

And special thanks to Zordar for the signature link!
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-25-2011, 03:41 AM
I would like to second this request. This is really an information players need to have access to.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-25-2011, 06:17 AM
+1 vote. I like the idea and feel more info displayed the better.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-25-2011, 06:18 AM
This would be a great addition. Take the magic out of the game and show us what technology is doing for us.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-25-2011, 10:43 AM
Make it so Crypic!
I want clear descriptions of my powers and what they do exactly as well!
/signed
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-25-2011, 12:22 PM
+1
I always wondered why cant we see those stats
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-25-2011, 01:02 PM
I would love to see these stats.
Closed Thread