Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
6 hours spent in the cure ground section today. Couldn't get past second gate.

WTF DO THINK IS FUN ABOUT THIS MISSION CRYPTIC?

IS IT ALL ABOUT GRINDING AND TIME SYNCS TO YOU?

Mission is completely impossible in my eyes, but not like cryptic cares as long as they get their $15 a month.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2011, 10:29 AM
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2011, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Bloodgood View Post

Mission is completely impossible in my eyes, but not like cryptic cares as long as they get their $15 a month.
i dislike you

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_silencer
needs to be qouted
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2011, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Bloodgood View Post

With a good group that communicates it is very possible. I'm living proof, since i ran Cure with the Fleet i am in last Thursday and we completed it. Not only that, it was my first time in there.

And i was going to be a little sympathic towards you too, because the mission is tough at the best of times, but since your final line was an unnecessary dig at Cryptic, well....nah nah na nah naaaaa :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2011, 11:54 PM
A thought occured to me. If teams could be increased to 8 players, then it might be much eaiser to complete the STFs.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2011, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
A thought occured to me. If teams could be increased to 8 players, then it might be much eaiser to complete the STFs.
then that would make them pointless. the missions are designed around 5 people taking 8 people world make things like getting through the shield wall too easy without a revamp

personally i like how hard they are
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
Perhaps, but in my experience team size isn't the issue.... it's the inability of players to take direction or work together as a team. Whether there are 5 or 50 people on a team wouldn't matter if no one wants to communicate or coordinate their efforts.

Most people I've seen on PUGs are under the mistaken impression that they will easily plow through the STFs like they do normal content. That's not how the STFs are designed. There are aspects of them (such as the nodes in boss room of Infected and gate transformers in The Cure) that require strategy, a coordinated effort and good communication. Teamwork is the key.

I can only speak to my own experience here, but the first time I ran the STFs, I thought they were hard too. Heck after several failed PUG attempts at the Cure I was ready to call it broken and never bother with it again. But you know what? I kept at it. I eventually found a good group to run the STFs with. Now, after completing them a couple of times, they aren't that difficult to me anymore.

Are there bugs? Yes, of course there are. Are the STFs unbeatable? Not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_silencer
You might want to read through the post you linked to, as well as subsequent posts the developers have made on the topic before crying "nerf".

Oh, and stop whining about others whining.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Having done the cure bout 5 times, I can tell you that with the right team, it can be very easy, and with a poor team, an extreme challenge. On one run we had 5 tacs LOL, that took nearly 7 hours, not too smart on our part but we wanted it so....at least the space part at the end we finished in under 6 mins lol.

Now with some sci players thrown in my best cure time is one hour 45 mins, thats with not having to repeat any of the gates and getting the boss on the first try.

On the gates timing and communication is key, taking direction and having a good strategy mean everything.

now if they make the stf's "easy", and therefore the borg gear less special, I'll feel somewhat cheated out of my hard work, But I do get that the wandering groups need improved upon in that they take up too much time of the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Nominally a STF Mission should be completeable with three players in two to three hours using exceptional coordination. In reality it takes at least 6 hours to complete with 5 players. I say make the VA (or Fleet Admiral if it gets to that lofty level) versions insanely difficult for those power players. As a reward for those who can complete the missions at that level, the reward should be a random purple very rare item. Evey mission should be possible to complete for even the caual player to experience the storylines. The higher difficulty versions can still be geared to the hardcore gamers.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2011, 08:08 AM
The Cure isn't really that good a band. That's why no one is all that interested in replying.
Is that why the name was in quotations? I figure they know about the bugs in that STF mission.
After all, there's been 20 threads on it.