Lt. Commander
# 1 A Q idea
02-06-2011, 09:08 AM
I am going to miss Q come Wednesday.

I have an idea that could be a lot of fun.

Come up with a half dozen Fed/Klingon missions that Q might give out. Make em really feel like Q's behind it too.

Then have Q show up at random social hubs once every week or two for one day and give out one of the 6 missions. You get a Q related accolade once you've completed all 6 missions.

As time passes you could ad to the missions Q gives you. It wouldn't always be him giving you a mission more then him putting you in a predicament you need to get out of. Or a puzzle to solve.

Edit: also keep the trivia and the transformations. Keep adding new trivia.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2011, 09:15 AM
i would rather see him involve himself in your affairs at random.

1. he shows up during a mission and yo are forced to answer trivia questions while your team is under fire. you get them all right (3 of them), he eliminates the enemies remaining.
2. he shows up and and you are tasked with doing some odd stuff at ESD for a "Q" power that you can use to eliminate one grp of enemies per day.
3. for each question you get wrong, he stasis fields one BO until you answer correct or kill the remiander of the enemy.

ive got other ideas somewhere i typed for fun one day....just need to find them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
i would rather see him involve himself in your affairs at random.

1. he shows up during a mission and yo are forced to answer trivia questions while your team is under fire. you get them all right (3 of them), he eliminates the enemies remaining.
2. he shows up and and you are tasked with doing some odd stuff at ESD for a "Q" power that you can use to eliminate one grp of enemies per day.
3. for each question you get wrong, he stasis fields one BO until you answer correct or kill the remiander of the enemy.

ive got other ideas somewhere i typed for fun one day....just need to find them.
I do like it.

My thoughts though were more of how the Q event, whether you enjoyed it or not, you can't deny that it made ESD and Qo'Nos feel like a social hub area. People running around having fun. It's this side effect of the anniversary that I feel needs to be looked at. We need weekly/bi weekly social happenings like this. Q IMO is a great way to start doing such things.

Don't get me wrong I like your ideas. I'm just saying Q could make add some fun to random social areas.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2011, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikoy
I do like it.

My thoughts though were more of how the Q event, whether you enjoyed it or not, you can't deny that it made ESD and Qo'Nos feel like a social hub area. People running around having fun. It's this side effect of the anniversary that I feel needs to be looked at. We need weekly/bi weekly social happenings like this. Q IMO is a great way to start doing such things.

Don't get me wrong I like your ideas. I'm just saying Q could make add some fun to random social areas.
oh i agree, thus number 2.

and my reasoning for him showing up during times such as a fight, is that it seems more "Q" to involve himself at such times more so then at leisure times...

but i agree to your fun stuff as well...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
oh i agree, thus number 2.

and my reasoning for him showing up during times such as a fight, is that it seems more "Q" to involve himself at such times more so then at leisure times...

but i agree to your fun stuff as well...
It would be pretty awesome to be fighting a battle and all of a sudden have Q floating in front if you. Turn your ship into a space faring creature. Lol.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Quote:
It would be pretty awesome to be fighting a battle and all of a sudden have Q floating in front if you. Turn your ship into a space faring creature. Lol.
lol - or a beacon satellite with nothing but one turret to fight with....
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2011, 10:00 AM
Quote:
  1. Polymorph to Undine cruiser
  2. Lay waste to Borg collective
  3. Turn the tide of the Klingon war
  4. Eliminate the true way
  5. Go toe to toe with the Iconians
  6. .....?
  7. Profit!