Lt. Commander
# 1 Share Your Character Bios
02-09-2011, 06:13 PM
I did a couple searches and I didn't find any threads spesific to JUST sharing bois for our characters and BOs, so I thought I'd make one. If there is one floating around someplace, please post a link and I'll repost this there.

I love to write, so naturally I write up bios for my chars. I put a lot of time and effort into these...yeah I'm a perfectionist like that I got to thinking that I can't be the only person playing who wants to expand upon their in-game stories. The possibilities are limitless.

Anyway, I'll start. The only Bio I'm satisfied with is my mule/crafter Borg. His name is Necros, captain of the U.S.S. Dear Brother. I know there are a few typos in it...I fixed them after I took these screenshots.

Part 1
Part 2

I apologize for the cut screenshot. My image hosting kept shrinking it and I couldn't read it until I cut it in half

Anyway, I'm curious of others' stories...it's fn sometmes to just go to the exchange and make like I'm shopping but really read bios. These are like the hidden jewels of the STO universe.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Nicolai Kovac
Busc Warul
Rachael Semmes

I have two other characters I haven't added bios for yet.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2011, 10:55 PM
I have 3 toons:
Nei: "Transplant" of my WoW toon...
"Gnomes... He said his transporter would take me instantly to Ironforge. I had heard stories of people using them and being turned into chickens, figured they were just wild stories. But when I awoke in a chicken coop in Texas, I started to think otherwise. I assume there's a very confused chicken in Ironforge and a gnome trying to undo a transformation that didn't happen. Well, at least there's no orcs in this reality... right? Huh? What's a Klingon?"

Lloth: Play off the Forgotten Realms character...
"As a hobby... god to a bunch of primitive proto-vulcans that live underground on planet Abeir-Toril"

Zukara: Refugee from Wing Commander Academy cartoon...

"Former Princess of the Kilrathi Empire and High Priestess of Sivar until the homeworld Kilrah was destroyed and the Kilrathi were forced to rejoin their distant cousins; the Caitians. Now, having lost all her power and prestige she has found her way into Starfleet to make a new life."
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2011, 04:47 AM
Mine are a little far-fetched, I will admit, but I didn't exactly expect anyone to read 'em...but what the hell.

First, my tac VA (which, yes, is supposed to be "the real me", lol):

Quote:
Race: Human (more or less)
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 295 lbs.
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Hazel
Assignment: Task Force Lordaeron, Nexus Fleet
-U.S.S. Lowell
-U.S.S. Benjamin Butler-A
-U.S.S. Argent Crusade
-U.S.S. Adelbert Ames-D

Joshua Underwood has lived far beyond the normal human lifespan; thanks to genetic engineering and cryogenic hibernation, he is well over four centuries old, and not looking any older than his 30s.

Underwood was a senior commander during the Divine War, where the Federation and its allies fought against an extragalactic foe known as the Divine Alliance. Underwood, his career having stagnated up to that point, received command of a ship, the Aurora, during that war, and became the executive officer of Caesius Base, the headquarters of Task Force 93. Upon the disappearance of his commander, Underwood was promoted to the Admiralty and assumed command of Caesius, where he remained for the rest of the war.

Returning to the core worlds after nearly two decades in the frontier, Underwood finds himself facing old friends as enemies, with the Klingon Empire having become hostile. Some officers of the Federation have joined the Klingon Defense Forces, including a few veterans of the Divine War; chief among them was General Kieran Devaneaux, who is now Underwood's sworn enemy.
My engineer LG (note: the Reydovan Empire is one of my custom nations from roleplaying settings I've been in):

Quote:
Race: Human Augment
Height: 7'0"
Weight: 169 lbs.
Hair: White
Eyes: Blue
Allegiance: House of K'van
Assignment: Commanding Officer, IKS Terminus Est; gin'tak to the House of K'van

Kieran Devaneaux was the scion of a powerful noble family of the Reydovan Empire. His father, Artimus, allied with the evil Divine Alliance during the Divine War of 2386, committing horrific acts of genocide against the Federation and its allies - which, at the time, included the Klingon Empire. His rise through Starfleet's ranks was meteoric - he began the war a lieutenant and left it a brigadier general. The war climaxed for Devaneaux when he slew his maddened father during the Battle of the Scions' Rift.

After the war ended, Devaneaux - having lost his father, grandfather and wife in the course of the war - accepted the offer of his friend K'van, son of K'tarn, to be bonded to his House. K'van kept in contact with Devaneaux as relations between the Empire and the Federation deteriorated, and Devaneaux began to question his service to the Federation. The year before the severing of the Khitomer Accords, Devaneaux resigned his commission and journeyed to Qo'noS, where he accepted a commission in the Klingon Defense Forces onboard K'van's ship, the IKS VeS'jach. Rising through the ranks as quickly as he had in Federation service, Devaneaux had become a general in the KDF by 2409, and had earned several decorations fighting for the Empire, including the Order of the Bat'leth. He is one of a rising number of non-Klingon generals in the Empire's service.

Not surprisingly, General Devaneaux is condemned as a traitor by the Federation. His former commander, Admiral Joshua Underwood, has sworn to hunt down and bring Devaneaux to justice for his crimes against the Federation. His children have also condemned him, and work to repair the reputation of the Devaneaux name - all of Kieran's sons serve in Starfleet.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2011, 05:35 AM
I'll go ahead and post the ones for my Fed Tac and Medic. They're both incomplete due to limited space for typing them in and, in the case of the medic's, I've yet to continue on count of not having a higher tier Excelsior, which is soon to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed Tac
Sole brother of the U.S.S. Arizona's cheif engineer, Commander Russell H. 'Russ" Kirk, Walter is nothing like him other than in name. Walter has always been the one to shoot first on any given occasion where as Russ would watch, wait, and then act. As a result, Walter usually got himself and Russ in trouble in the process.

At a young age, Walter discovered his first Starfleet issued genande at the family ranch and home in the mountains of Grayson county Virginia. A few days a week, while his mother and father were working the fields, he and Russ cracked open the supposedly "dead" grenaded and studied its interior. Russ tackled the actuall disassembly of the grenade while Walter catagorized, identified, and memorized the componets and where they were placed. Several hours passed by, and after reassembling the grenade, careful to not set it off, the grenade activated after a sensor was tripped on it. Acting on instinct, Walter took the grenade from Russ, ran outsied and hurled it away from their home. The grenade landed in a small stream, adjacent to the chicken coop, exploded, and sent feathers flying.

Since that day, he and Russ have proceeded through Starfleet Academey. Russ took up engineering whilee Walter took up security and tactical measures. Due to Starfleet regulation against siblings serving on the same ship, the two were separated. Walter was posted an outpost that monitored Borg Transwarp condiuits while Russell ended up on a starship, stationed on the Cardissian front, as a junior engineering officer.

About a year later, all contact with the outpost was lost after an attack by the Borg. Everything on the station was presumed killed or assimilated. Upon hearing this, the now-Lieutenant, J.G. Russell Kirk, requested permission to join the investigation of what happened to the outpost. His request, however, was denied because HQ deemed it would be unwise for him to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed Medic
A very distant relative af Ambassador Jean-Luc Picard, Jonathan Lucas Picard has alwas been one to uphold peace and its true meaning. He. never engages in a fight unless absolutly pushed to extremes. When it does come to blows, usually someones ends up seriously injured as a result.

Picard, or JLP as his childhood friends called him, bears an unusual resemblence to Ambassador Picard. Because of this resemblence, he's been questioned many times about the Enterprise-D's and Enterprise-E's missions. Each time JLP has answered, "Oh. You must mean Ambassador Jean-Luc Picard. I'm Jonathan Picard. I'm afraid you have the wrong person."

Deciding to peruse his peaceful ways, JLP approached the Federation and applied to work as a diplomat after he wnet through Starfleet Academy for medical training so he could help others no matter where he went. That path was slightly derailed when (insert reason here). During that incident, Picard had served as a junior medical officer on a Starfleet frigate and was assigned to the away team the aided the (insert ship here). Upon returning to his ship, he discovered that the senior staff had been captured and killed. At that time, he was the most senior officer on the ship and assumed, what he though was, tempoary command of the frigate.

After returing to space several years later, after earning a ship command, he was posted to the U.S.S. Sea Tiger, a pink Excelsior class starship.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2011, 04:40 PM