Lt. Commander
# 1 Ask Cryptic: February 2011
02-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Executive Producer Dan Stahl beams aboard a massive 51 answers to your questions in this month's Ask Cryptic!

Read the full article
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Woo-hoo! Thanks, Stormy & dstahl! I'm off to read it now, but I'm glad to see my question about Andoria and Ushaan being answered! I hope it does make it into Season 4.

Off to read it now, but thanks for putting it up today!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2011, 05:16 PM
YAY!!!!!! Been looking forward to this for awhile.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Great answer to my question. I cant wait to see this type of content. I dlove to see some massive instance where players join as big fleets, lead by Fleet admirals, and everyone fights for control of sections of the map.

Thx
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Awesome!

Thanks DStahl for answering my question about new episodes for the KDF and all the good stuff in store for Klingons until then!

I'm pleased to hear one of the first steps is creating a KDF Tutorial and allowing Klingon characters to start at Level 1. That's EXCELLENT news!! It should bring more players into the faction.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Wow my question was answered... but uh... you should not restrict the ship class to your captains class until admiral. maybe just merge some ships here and there or better make no difference between classes anymore. you can command a ship, don't bother what type it is. the class defines what the ship can do, not how good you can command it. something like that... maybe

(It feels good to get noticed, really )
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Q: m.parsons: Can you tell us what discussions or plans there might be concerning when the Romulans become a playable faction what we can maybe expect?

A: The leads on the project discuss playable Romulans all the time. The biggest concerns that I've pointed out in previous interviews is that it would be very difficult to introduce a new Faction until we feel the Klingon Empire has an improved Faction experience. That said, we still discuss how and when we would introduce the Romulan faction. Obviously, with their homeworld destroyed, it would be interesting where they call "home". The latest Feature Episode series is starting to delve into their story and show just how fractured their people are at the moment. Perhaps the Romulan Empire will split into multiple factions where one will join the Federation and the other the Klingon Empire... That's an interesting idea.
As someone desperate to play a Cardassian even if its in the Federation or Klingon empire and not an Alien that looks a lot like a Cardassian is there any chance that we will see them added to the C-Store soon. I know ideally you would have an infinite budget and be able to put all the factions in the game but as this hasn't been the case and after waiting a year for Cardassians it is very clear that the Romulans will be added if any 3rd faction is and that doesn't seem to be foreth coming.

As such can you please have someone work over the weekend and sort out a Cardassian playable race and maybe (though not required) some Cardassian uniform bits.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2011, 07:22 PM
Still wondering if there are any plans to continue rewarding players who participate in RAF program. Maybe on the next Ask Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Case_Wintermute
Wow my question was answered... but uh... you should not restrict the ship class to your captains class until admiral. maybe just merge some ships here and there or better make no difference between classes anymore. you can command a ship, don't bother what type it is. the class defines what the ship can do, not how good you can command it. something like that... maybe

(It feels good to get noticed, really )
I agree. I myself enjoyed experimenting with different ship/captain types, and I think this should stay in for lower level captains. Special mission arcs or tasks would be cool, but restricting ships is too tied into your gameplay and character to limit in my opinion. Picard could have gone into science ("tapestry", but also his archaological fascinations), but he was always a cruiser captain. That said, I love the different tactics available in the new Romulan mission to different classes. Even if something like this worked better if you're in your class ship, it doesn't limit your ship choice and character customization.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-10-2011, 08:06 PM
is the typhoon going to be added?!