Lt. Commander
# 1 Can we get a horse?
02-15-2011, 03:10 AM
Captain Picard loved his horse riding, even had his own saddle. Kirk loved his horse riding, had his own stable and horses. Horses by these two captains were a common trait. I haven't seen any horses on any planets. I'm not sure how you'd incorporate this, but I think it would be great to have Captain Picard's saddle. And I think it'd be great to have a horse in-game. A pet that follows you? An option to ride a horse? I'm not sure how it would be setup. But somehow, you have to bring horses into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2011, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Doctor.
Captain Picard loved his horse riding, even had his own saddle. Kirk loved his horse riding, had his own stable and horses. Horses by these two captains were a common trait. I haven't seen any horses on any planets. I'm not sure how you'd incorporate this, but I think it would be great to have Captain Picard's saddle. And I think it'd be great to have a horse in-game. A pet that follows you? An option to ride a horse? I'm not sure how it would be setup. But somehow, you have to bring horses into the game.
Heya Doc,
Haha...somehow, I don't see horses ever coming to Star Trek Online. But one can always hope...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2011, 03:15 AM
You want Horse Simulator 2011.

Cryptic resources would be better spent on anything else besides horses.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2011, 03:22 AM
Well they are canon. And no where is it stated horses were extinct by 2409. Sure why not? :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2011, 03:23 AM
Lord of the Rings Online is that way -->
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2011, 03:29 AM
Putting in ground vehicles would be easier to implement and would make even more sense, but I don't see that happening... ever. The time is limited, development team is small, salaries are expensive and there are way too many more important things to implement.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2011, 03:33 AM
Can i have a owl ?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2011, 03:54 AM
If not an actual horse, what about Picard's Saddle. I think that would be a neat item to acquire through some mission. Or perhaps even an accolade called "Picard's Saddle" if you help some alien's farm animals on another planet. Maybe the animals need you to bring them some food and aid, or there is a plague and you have to cure it and save the towns livestock and animals, and the accolade you get is called "Picard's Saddle" or, you actually get an item. Just thinking out loud, might be neat. If nothing else, its an accolade idea.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-15-2011, 09:16 AM
*Blinks*

Environmentally restricted, like on the Holodeck, or on some vacation planet with a high horsedung tolerance perhaps.

Galloping horses in the general environment kinda spoils the futuristic feeling? Might add some tall ships on the Holodeck while at it, for that salty diversion. Arrrr.

---
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2011, 09:45 AM
There were people kicking, screaming and throwing their toys out the pram to get the most silly and despisable thing ever encountered in Star Trek, and they succeeded. Because there was apparently a scene during which one might have seen half of a certain species for a few seconds. Therefore people concluded these darn bi-pedal tribbles, those walking carpets, those wookies of star trek also known as Caitians were the center of the universe and the most important thing to ever be added to the game, no matter how silly and superfluous if not even detrimental to the game's atmosphere the rest of the playerbase considered it (believe it or not, the majority of people is not here to watch female humanoid double D cats running around in shirts and skirts).

Kirk and Picard's horses got (a lot) more on-screen time than those cursed furballs so people just have to scream "it's canon!" etc. loud and long enough and voilą: playable horse race in the c-store in no time. And quite frankly, it would not even be any more silly than the whole cat-lover campaign.

(For the record: I am not a proponent of this idea).