Lt. Commander
# 1 D'KYR: Don't buy it.
02-18-2011, 12:57 PM
It doesn't scale, just like I presume the retrofits don't scale.

I could consider the Delta Flier... it improves as you level. Not the D'Kyr, not the Retrofits.

Cryptic wants you to put down money for an item it will INTENTIONALLY make obsolete within a relatively short time span.

Granted, you can go and slog through and get it the "natural" way... but really... I think Cash is more valuable than that.

If Cryptic is going to sell you items for real cash, they should sell you items that scale with your character. Simple as that.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2011, 01:02 PM
Interesting troll. The D'kyr is only available at the highest ship tier, so what does scaling matter?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2011, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abysmalyxia View Post
It doesn't scale, just like I presume the retrofits don't scale.

I could consider the Delta Flier... it improves as you level. Not the D'Kyr, not the Retrofits.

Cryptic wants you to put down money for an item it will INTENTIONALLY make obsolete within a relatively short time span.

Granted, you can go and slog through and get it the "natural" way... but really... I think Cash is more valuable than that.

If Cryptic is going to sell you items for real cash, they should sell you items that scale with your character. Simple as that.
I get your gripe even though I don't agree with it. What I don't understand is why you care if anyone else buys it.

Strange, unless it was actually a message to yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abysmalyxia View Post
The phasers that came with my TOS Connie have scaled with me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2011, 01:03 PM
I figured all the tier 5 ships would be obsolete once tier 5.5 or 6.0 are introduced. That's a given.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzy
I figured all the tier 5 ships would be obsolete once tier 5.5 or 6.0 are introduced. That's a given.
well you sure belong in this bs thread. how would the current top of the line ships become obsolte. what, they gonna suck 9 NEW ships out of their thumbs that outperform ships like the sovereign ? doubtfull ....

new lvls arent needed either, they hardly have enough to keep you busy at the current cap, what r they gonna do with a new one .... im not dumping my Nebula either. they can invent new ships n new tiers if they want to. but nebula = my one and true love!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2011, 01:11 PM
i honestly have no idea what this thread is about. its a ship? for upper tiers. what the heck is there to scale?

personally i think the ship is awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-18-2011, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i honestly have no idea what this thread is about. its a ship? for upper tiers. what the heck is there to scale?

personally i think the ship is awesome.
I think he's tring to say that all c-store ships should scale to Tier 6 quality once Tier 6 is released later this year.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricO
well you sure belong in this bs thread. how would the current top of the line ships become obsolte. what, they gonna suck 9 NEW ships out of their thumbs that outperform ships like the sovereign ? doubtfull ....
Sorry your having such a bad day <gives Cedric a cookie>, but that's usually how MMOPRG's work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricO
new lvls arent needed either, they hardly have enough to keep you busy at the current cap, what r they gonna do with a new one .... im not dumping my Nebula either. they can invent new ships n new tiers if they want to. but nebula = my one and true love!
i wouldn't worry about the sovereign, she's only 40 years old by game time, so she should be getting a SLEP style refit soon. I like my nebula too
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzy
<gives Cedric a cookie>

i wouldn't worry about the sovereign, she's only 40 years old by game time, so she should be getting a SLEP style refit soon. I like my nebula too
Cookies and a shared love for nebula ... match made in heaven! marry me ! ... unless your a guy hahaha