Lt. Commander
Just asking.

Those goldfarmers are still using those exploits, and honestly I don't know why CSR hasn't busted them. In fact, one in particular right this very second is purposely taking advantage of the reset, where he gets all the loot, while everyone else does his work.

Lame tactic if you ask me.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Just asking.

Those goldfarmers are still using those exploits, and honestly I don't know why CSR hasn't busted them. In fact, one in particular right this very second is purposely taking advantage of the reset, where he gets all the loot, while everyone else does his work.

Lame tactic if you ask me.
Actually I quite enjoy Kerrat lately If you don't like it, don't go there - simple as that.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2011, 01:23 PM
I don't want Ker'rat nuked.
I want it FIXED!!!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
I don't want Ker'rat nuked.
I want it FIXED!!!
Signed.

This is our only open PvP zone let alone me & my buddy's make it a sport racing against one another to get first place. strongest, fastest & best build win's... I have to admit a science or engineering character don't always have enough DPS to get the kills/ destroy the objective before a Tactical runs of whit it

Kerrat has 3 problems that need fixing.
  • First of all, it needs a full reset every time the instance reset/ the mission starts over.
  • Second, the Borg being stuck in the geometry that has always been the main issue.
  • Third the spawn points needs to be better designated, Federation on one side, Klingon on the other.

If you think about it the first fix takes care of the second problem, if their is a full reset then the map can be altered so the Borg spheres, cubes & probes start of on a fixed location so they can not get stuck in the geometry.

Even an easier fix... force people to warp out ones the mission is completed, so that the instance automatically fully resets, I'm not a big fan of this but if that lets us keep our only open PvP so be it.

Their are even other options,

Even upping the difficulty slider on the Borg will help, instead of +4 make them beasts, +10 or + 12 give the Borg Probes tractor beams like in Kithomer, put in more Borg Tactical Cubes. (they only show up ones in a while far less then they used too)
This all so that completing the objective alongside Federation & Klingon hunting each other makes it allot harder & actually requires team play to complete.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-02-2011, 06:47 AM
I am so signed onto not nuking this. I spent the day in there doing the mission as well as some really fun PVP. It's nice to have a zone where there is an actual mission you can focus on with the PVP function as well. Plus no que for the PVP part of it, you just have to deal with the reset every 2 minutes or so. Oh and the rewards are the icing on the cake too. Plus what will the people who spend their time in there do now? wander the galaxy in search of another ker;rat?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2011, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
Actually I quite enjoy Kerrat lately If you don't like it, don't go there - simple as that.
Never said I didn't like it. I just hate the verious bugs and exploits that are in it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Never said I didn't like it. I just hate the verious bugs and exploits that are in it.
There aren't that many. I spent a lot of time there lately and I have seen only one instance of a (probably) goldfarmer, who I have reported and I havent seen him ever since. The bug where you switch sides is sometimes funny, but it's nothing gamebreaking.

With that being said, I don't mean to say Kerrat is perfectly okay - it isnt. But it's fun, it's a social hub too - before it gets nuked, we need something better.

Suggestion for Kerrat though: remove the bloody dialog windows, those are annoying as hell, they decloak people randomly and it's really not necessery to read the same crap like 50x over and over.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
There aren't that many. I spent a lot of time there lately and I have seen only one instance of a (probably) goldfarmer, who I have reported and I havent seen him ever since. The bug where you switch sides is sometimes funny, but it's nothing gamebreaking.

With that being said, I don't mean to say Kerrat is perfectly okay - it isnt. But it's fun, it's a social hub too - before it gets nuked, we need something better.

Suggestion for Kerrat though: remove the bloody dialog windows, those are annoying as hell, they decloak people randomly and it's really not necessery to read the same crap like 50x over and over.
Not exactly a postive hub if you ask me, the zone chat is always have some degree of things CSR would give infractions for.

But there are a few threads that suggest what Cryptic can do with the zone. Most agree just remove the Borg and just make it a plan ol Open PvP zone.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Not exactly a postive hub if you ask me, the zone chat is always have some degree of things CSR would give infractions for.

But there are a few threads that suggest what Cryptic can do with the zone. Most agree just remove the Borg and just make it a plan ol Open PvP zone.
The thing that draws most people there is the simple fact you can get awesome items from the Borg. If you remove the NPCs and their drops, the zone will die.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Quote:

Honestly... I think it's just part of the nature of PvP. You put people in conflict, they will also express themselves verbally (or textually). Any concept of war zone - even one with territorial combat - will lead to such things.

The only thing that you can do is:
- Don't add to the noise.
- Report where people break the rules

Eventually, if people get more and more infractions and see their chatting or playing rights at risk, they will either stop, or soon be gone.