Lt. Commander
# 1 Coliseum
02-26-2011, 01:39 PM
Hey Cryptic,
First of all you guys/gals have out done your selves again this mission was epic!.

For me it had the right balance of puzzles and fighting. Loved the number puzzle at beginning. Love the the sword thingy i used that all the time. It slices and dices with the best of them hehe.

The Scenes/environment were breath taking and massive well done to that department. The new creatures that appeared in this episodes i hope to see in future explore mission or just roaming animals on say vulcan hehe.

The sub mission were well put together and the mission text was very well done. But i will have to say my favourite part over all has to be the first part in the satalite puzzle (i even got the old pen and paper out hehe).

The final cut scene was OMG SWEEEEET! Had a masive smile on face after that scene.

The reward at the end is well worth the time invested in this mission.

*only one niggle i had but once found i had no trouble. In the final section in the desert the mission marker aren't that easy to spot and can be very easily missed. Maybe some way to make them easier to spot on map i mean.

Thanks for great mission keep it up guys/gals.

Loc
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2011, 01:49 PM
I have to agree with the OP! This was an outstanding mission and really hit all my Trek buttons. Kudos to the Devs on such a beautiful and interesting mission! It really felt like Trek, from the music in the Arena to the campsite night. I actually "whooped" out loud when my ship beamed me away at the last moment!

Thank you, STO team for this mission, and here's to many more!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Absolutely the best episode yet! It goes to 11 on the Trekogasm Meter.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2011, 03:34 PM
agreed! ...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2011, 03:47 PM
I dunno, I got stuck when I didn't know which Rock Formation the guy was talking about.

I just kept walking and found a cave with flowers and what I assumed to be an entrance to the other side, but ended up being a dead end.

So now I need to find the rock formation to hide in, and since there's so many ******n rocks, I don't know what he's talking about.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChexGuy331 View Post
I dunno, I got stuck when I didn't know which Rock Formation the guy was talking about.

I just kept walking and found a cave with flowers and what I assumed to be an entrance to the other side, but ended up being a dead end.

So now I need to find the rock formation to hide in, and since there's so many ******n rocks, I don't know what he's talking about.
You need to use your map and zoom WAY in to see the target circles. The 1st one is all the way back just south east of the spawn location out of the pipe.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChexGuy331 View Post

Just wanted to chime in that the mission broke for me here as well.

In my case I think the problem was caused by initial message and flow of the landscape. The Reman told me to go east, so I started heading straight east. My eyes were not drawn to the giant rock archway in the southeast - it was off to the side and partly partly recessed behind the folds in the landscape. As a result, I was badly out of position when told to "hide near the dark rocks." I hid under some rocks near me, watched the Scorpion fly off, and kept going without knowing I'd gone off the rails.

I should also mention I saw a similar, but less serious problem at the beginning of last week's episode. I went to gather a resource node past the satellite, then looped back and tag it. My science officer told me to hide in the nebula "aft," which was actually off my port bow at the time.

I guess the takeaway here is, not all players go straight from A to B. We look around, take screenshots, climb up the walls, and poke at interesting objects.

I hope this doesn't sound too negative. I was impressed by what I did see of this episode (I had to leave in the middle for lack of time). Very imaginative use of storytelling tech, and a high art quality. The bit on the satellite and waking up in the arena was strongly reminiscent of a pre-credit teaser scene, and the story just kept twisting from there. Running across the landscape may not have worked in my case, but I was flashing back to Kirk and McCoy's escape from Rura Penthe.

A special shout-out to whoever did the creepy bell sound loop for the captor satellite's power system. I liked that a lot.

I also like the feel of the journal text. It had a Lovecrafty "The Call of Iconia" feel.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-28-2011, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutus852 View Post
*only one niggle i had but once found i had no trouble. In the final section in the desert the mission marker aren't that easy to spot and can be very easily missed. Maybe some way to make them easier to spot on map i mean.
I would also change the dialouge to have Slamek say "hide in those rocks to the South" or something as well. He currently just says "rocks over there". Alternatively, make any of the rock formations work in terms of hiding as there are a few rock formations in the area to choose from.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-28-2011, 08:22 AM
I think the mission could have used a little more 'they're-hunting-us' feeling in it. Maybe a ground patrol of 4-5 Romulans that you could either fight, hide from, or use your energy weapon to drop a rockslide on (or throw stones at a worm burrow to rile it up so it attacks them as they pass, allowing you and Slamek to sneak by). Something where interaction was necessary. I'm all for hiding but when you can stand out in the open and light yourself on fire and the patrols won't even see you is when it's kind of 'meh'. That kind of cardboard cutout backdrop detracts from the awesomeness of the mission.

And did someone say that the engineer side mission was to hunt? So, tacticals gather firewood and engineers hunt. Um, what? What was the science side mission, harvesting pelts from defeated Sehlats and making warmer clothes?

Z
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
I think the mission could have used a little more 'they're-hunting-us' feeling in it. Maybe a ground patrol of 4-5 Romulans that you could either fight, hide from, or use your energy weapon to drop a rockslide on (or throw stones at a worm burrow to rile it up so it attacks them as they pass, allowing you and Slamek to sneak by). Something where interaction was necessary. I'm all for hiding but when you can stand out in the open and light yourself on fire and the patrols won't even see you is when it's kind of 'meh'. That kind of cardboard cutout backdrop detracts from the awesomeness of the mission.

And did someone say that the engineer side mission was to hunt? So, tacticals gather firewood and engineers hunt. Um, what? What was the science side mission, harvesting pelts from defeated Sehlats and making warmer clothes?

Z
It might have been interesting to have to evade more then just one shuttle - and maybe also a chance to fail it. (Forcing you to fight transports or creating some kind of diversion - say, the Shuttle lands, and you can do some sciency trickery to get one of those worms to attack the crew...

But there is only so much that you can fit into one episode, especially if you're on a timetable. They certainly used their alloted time well for this episode.