Lt. Commander
... and find out all the things you should have done to make a proper Star Trek title great. I'm not sure if you are watching how this is unfolding, but even in pre-launch they are breaking record numbers and adding servers every day.

Here's a few of the areas to study (this doesn't matter that it is fantasy)
1. Global events that are a "meta-game" everyone can participate in and is encouraged to do so
2. "Conquerable" areas where the invading force holds that area for the duration of the event
3. A MASSIVE skill system that takes classes and explodes the number of possibilities
4. Proper crafting system that doesn't impede the overall flow of gameplay
5. Massive quest system that makes it enjoyable to level and takes out the grind (yes there are collection quests, but they have minimized it)
6. INSTANT grouping. Public quests allow for you to float between groups as you chase down rifts seamlessly

and on and on and on

Do us all a favor, pick up a copy and play it. Experience what real massively multiplayer means when you have 30 rifts open and 20 footholds that engage players like never before.

They copied from previous MMOs and polished it over and over again.

Then give us an UPGRADED Star Trek MMO experience.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2011, 06:50 PM
I'd edit that, and then re-word it because otherwise this thread is going to be closed.

I agree with several of your points, however you need to realize this. The Devs are workings their ****s off trying to improve this game and they are. They are'nt lazing about, they're working days some are even staying late at night.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2011, 06:55 PM
UMM really why is it at least once a week (or once a day maybe even) we get these type os threads, that tell the Dev, Ohh you don;t know what you are doing you need to do it better like this) People just need to back off the Devs are doing the best that they can.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm in the Star Wars: The Old Republic testing.

That is all I'm allowed to say. All I can say about it is that I'm involved in testing it. I cannot talk about it at all besides the fact that I can share that I test it. I signed an NDA stating that the only thing I can state about it is that I am part of the test. That is all I can say.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax

That is all I'm allowed to say. All I can say about it is that I'm involved in testing it. I cannot talk about it at all besides the fact that I can share that I test it. I signed an NDA stating that the only thing I can state about it is that I am part of the test. That is all I can say.
Heh, me to. Small world.

By the way you got it wrong... you forgot about something...

You are allowed to admit you are in testing AND that there is a testing program.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2011, 07:12 PM
Quote:

As a fellow TOR tester, I understand exactly what you're saying.

I imagine that once TOR goes live, we'll see some manner of thread similar to this. But honestly, threads like this need to stop. Cryptic doesn't need to close them; people need to stop opening them.

MMORPG.com recently did a piece on player feedback and the effect it has on a given MMO. What stuck with me most about that piece was the point the author made about vision. Each MMO has a different group of people behind it handling production, thus every MMO has a different vision that they're striving after. Having vision alone doesn't guarantee success as your player base may end up turned off by what they see. But trying to copy the vision of another MMO is a sure fire way to fail. People aren't looking for the next WOW, Rift or TOR. They're just looking for the next game they enjoy playing. Which pretty much brings us to my concluding point.

If you don't like it, don't play it. But don't show up and tell devs that they need to be more like such and such, cause a clone is exactly that: a clone.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-26-2011, 07:16 PM
Quote:

I am too. This doesn't even remotely compare to SWTOR. RIFT has much more advanced systems. SWTOR is linear, highly story driven, and the classes are fixed and light.

<<big deal>>

SWTOR is massively overhyped. There are a ton of features announced so it is useless to say "i'm a secret tester".

I know Cryptic will ignore this, I'm counting on it. They've ignored almost all cries for them to educate the devs on better playsystems. How long they survive without such improved playsystems remains to be seen.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrys View Post
I know Cryptic will ignore this, I'm counting on it.
Then the entire point of this thread was...?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-26-2011, 08:36 PM
Quote:
How long they survive without such improved playsystems remains to be seen.
Everquest and UO still have live servers, yes?

As someone else noted, Rift sounds like WoW 2.0. Which, would be neat if I wasn't sick of Fantasy games after 6 years of playing WoW.

Of course the Devs are gonna ignore you. After spending all work day improving STO, I'd ignore some guy asking me to improve STO too.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Quote:
I am too. This doesn't even remotely compare to SWTOR. RIFT has much more advanced systems. SWTOR is linear, highly story driven, and the classes are fixed and light.

<<big deal>>

SWTOR is massively overhyped. There are a ton of features announced so it is useless to say "i'm a secret tester".

I know Cryptic will ignore this, I'm counting on it. They've ignored almost all cries for them to educate the devs on better playsystems. How long they survive without such improved playsystems remains to be seen.
Well it would be useless if it wasn't illegal to tell people about the game... Which you just did...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonySabre View Post
If you don't like it, don't play it. But don't show up and tell devs that they need to be more like such and such, cause a clone is exactly that: a clone.
And this... ^^^
Closed Thread