Lt. Commander
So I was busy loving the coliseum, then escaped. I ran from the fighters and went to the white circle by the rocks to hide (like the Reman told me). The white circle disappeared from my mini map, but the objective didn't get checked off on my mission log.

I stayed there a while as instructed, until I got bored and headed east to find this starship. The mission log was not updated. Killed the animals along the way and eventually found a cave with a tunnel I couldn't go into. I decided to head back to the beginning and try again. As I was approaching the rocks where you hide, the white circle reappeared. When I stepped into it I was instantly found by the romulans, a team beamed down and I killed them. The mission log was now up to date.

Trouble is all the warriguls are now dead, so by the time I got to the part where I have to find food for the night there are no warriguls left to find and kill. I've checked all over, tried going back and forth over the area they are supposed to be in, and logged in and out, but the warriguls don't respawn. The mission is at a complete dead end. Unless the devs can quick fix that little issue, looks like I'll have to drop the mission and start over.

A sad way to finish what was my first go at an otherwise fun mission.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2011, 05:16 AM
Ok, so after several attempts, much reading in the forums, and alot of patience, I was finally able to figure it out. Once you first enter the area and you're told about the fighters up above you, that's when you're supposed to hide in the rock formations. Which ones you ask? This is the tricky part...go to your mini map and zoom in all the way (all the way) and then you'll see the white circle/markers (just ahead of you and slightly off to the right) that you're supposed to be heading toward. Hope this helps.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2011, 05:27 AM
I had several issues with this myself...the white circles blend in all too well with the map colors, so you really gotta look at it - the big map and the little one - carefully. I got to the "need to find a place to rest" bit and I'm going "okay, WTF"...then looked and went "oh".
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2011, 05:45 AM
I had the exact same problem and did the same thing - wondered about for half an hour, found the cave, couldn't pass it. I'm a tactical officer so it's not just an engineer problem. As you said, it's a specific rock formation you must find and the first time I didn't go to what the game considered 'the right rocks'. I assumed it was anything that cast a big enough shadow, a la the old spider-man games.

The white circles ARE too feint. It seems like a trivial complaint, but in this instance not seeing them really screws you over, because the map is so vast and unfamiliar.

That said, once I found out where to go, I had a blast. The mission as a whole was one of the best yet. Hugely enjoyable and pretty unusual. Great reward at the end, too.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-27-2011, 06:25 AM
I'm still unable to complete this mission due to shoddy, buggy code. The mission indicator circles vanish a minute or so into the mission. I gave up. What a waste of time.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-27-2011, 06:58 AM
Never happened to me i did it like 7 times.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkMischief
Ok, so after several attempts, much reading in the forums, and alot of patience, I was finally able to figure it out. Once you first enter the area and you're told about the fighters up above you, that's when you're supposed to hide in the rock formations. Which ones you ask? This is the tricky part...go to your mini map and zoom in all the way (all the way) and then you'll see the white circle/markers (just ahead of you and slightly off to the right) that you're supposed to be heading toward. Hope this helps.
Trouble is that I went to those correct rocks... with the mission circle. I just didn't get proper credit for it the first time, which means I had the chance to kill the warriguls and botch the mission.

..... At least the engineer I might be able to drop mission and start over. I ran the mission tonight with a science toon and never got into the satelite at the beginning. The beam grabbed me at range 8.18... and my ship never got close enough to be offered the chance to scan the satellite. No button or pop up, no capacity to move closer with max engines or b/o powers, and the mission log clearly indicating that my next action must be to scan the ship. I dropped the mission to start over and guess what... the character is permanently trapped in the dang beam. Even exiting completely doesn't give me a chance to restart the scenario from scratch.

Clearly they need to playtest these in house with some people who have no idea what to expect. The programmers writing them are making too many assumptions about what the player will do.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-03-2011, 05:24 AM
This happened the very first time I played it. I got held too far from the satelite to scan it. No button worked. I had to swirtch characters and play it and it forgot by the time I switched back.

I found the solution to disappearing circles is to use the big map and zoom as much as you can. The circles are faint, but consistant.

Also switching chartacters for 15 minutes or so will resapayn the warriguls. Actually, it will start you back, waking up in your cage.